© 2002-2022

Yogth Sothoth > Hymns to the Ancient Ones > Reviews
Yogth Sothoth - Hymns to the Ancient Ones

Beautifully evil. - 96%

NightmareInc, February 22nd, 2006

Sheer fast technicallity, low gutteral growls, insane drum sequences, what is this, Cryptopsy? Nope, it's Yogoth Sothoth; and it's better.

While other bands of this genre focus mainly on the brutality of the music, this band focuses on the EXTREME brutality of the music. Just listening to one song can already help you mention these guys in the same sentance as Cannibal Corpse, Gorgasm, Suffocation, Krisiun, etc; except even better. Not to mention the introduction parts to each song. I had no idea that brutal death metal could be this technical, I mean the riffs change pretty much every ten seconds and rarely repeat.

Also, this album has some of the fastest parts that I have ever heard death metal go. Faster than The Berzerker, faster than "War" by Meshuggah, and maybe even a pinch faster than Sublime Cadaveric Decomposition.

The speed, technicality, and brutality of this band all point to one thing, a great future. Good luck to you, Yogoth Sothoth. And good luck to those of you who want to find this, as it's rather rare compared to others in the genres of this sort, which happen to be very few...as it's a very impressive genre that few can play.