Remnants Revived - 50%

dyingseraph84, June 14th, 2010

Visceral Bleeding is one of many ultra technical death metal bands you hear about nowadays. These guys hail from Sweden and feature members of the awesome Spawn of Possession. I have listened to this album front to back about 4 times and all I can say is, what is the point? I commend this band's skill level but seriously guys, enough is enough.

Remnants Revived did not leave any impression on me what so ever. When I was through with this album I could not remember one riff, lead, or vocal line contained within. Visceral Bleeding sounds a lot like newer Cannibal Corpse fused with Suffocation. The blast beats never stop and the drum work while impressive, does the same thing over and over again.

The guitar work is played at a blistering pace and does not slow down at all. Sure this stuff is brutal, but without any riffs you can't remember a single thing from it! I assume the bass follows the guitar, I'm not really sure because the production doesn't allow the bass to breathe. The production actually caters to the guitars, and that's a good thing because they are the most technical instrument.

If I had to pick a best song, I guess I would go with the cover of the Dismember classic, Dreaming in Red. That's not a good sign if the best song on your album or compilation is a fucking cover. That just goes to show you that all the technical ability in the world won't do you any good if you don't have the riffs to back it up.

The 50 points score you see above is a reflection of the band members abilities. There is no doubt about it these guys can play their asses off, they just don't write good songs. There's just not much on here that is going to make you want to listen to this multiple times. For fans of newer Cannibal Corpse, Suffocation, Deeds of Flesh, and Spawn of Possession.