Best To/Die/For album!!! - 96%

Young_Metalhead, October 17th, 2007

Hell yeah!!!

For those who don't know what To/Die/For's about let me tell you, they play some kind of gothic metal with doom metal, with powerful keyboards and guitars, and this sound from the 80's that makes you want to dance and sing along, still they can make you fucking headbang. They're from Finland, of course, and as some of other finnish bands I know they are fucking amazing, I don't know if it has something to do with the country or what, but I just wanted to point that out.

After two releases (All Eternity, Epilogue) this band evolved into something more melodic and a little bit faster than what they used to play. With the perfect mix between guitars and keyboards you can hear heavy riffs combined with a melodic tune, and the most important thing, you can have a guitar solo or a keyboard solo, and a guitar riff or a keyboard riff, or even better: both combined!!! Vocals are also amazing, since he goes from a melodic voice to some kind of screaming, fuck he knows how to sing. That's not all, lyrics are impresive too with this obscure love-and-despair theme. Sound quaility is great, you can hear every instrument by itself, something that makes the album more enjoyable.

If you can get the album, what the hell are you waiting??? Go ahead and buy it!!!

Recommended songs: Dying Embers, Too Much Ain't Enough, Jaded, Forever.