Oh my god. - 1%

PhantomLord86, February 8th, 2007

You should be a Strato fan to find out about Timo's solo CDs, so I guess you are one since you are reading this.

And here is my recommendation: AVOID THIS ALBUM. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

Now I'll explain you why. The main reason is that this is a pop album. Yes. Timo Tolkki has made a POP album. This album is made entirely of ballads and power ballads, so consider yourself adviced. I have no problem with ballads and keyboards, but an ENTIRE album made of them? No sir, not what I want in my CD player. Luckily I downloaded this one instead of buying it...

Yes, it's that bad. It even features Sharon den Abel from goth-melodic (WTF??) Within Temptation, whose voice I strongly dislike. The first song, which is easily the best one, features metal-hater Kiske, but he doesn't sound like in the old Keeper's era. Actually I didn't recognize him until I saw here in the archives that he was singing that song. His voice is very different but not bad, it's just kinda... strange. Anyway this one is enjoyable supposing you like really slow ballads. But then, it all falls apart and the listener is tortured in a merciless way by Timo's worst vocal performance, ballad after ballad after ballad and even one surprise I'll tell you in a minute.

Little Boy I Miss You is the gayest song ever, a song that could easily appear on a Britney Spears CD, as well as Are You The One? and pretty much every song here. But now let me ask you a question: do you remember 030366? Do you remember the abomination it was? If you think that one is the worst song ever written by Timo Tolkki, you are wrong. Track 8, Father, sounds like 030366 but this one manages to be EVEN WORSE. The vocals are incredibly horrendous, and those stupid "industrial" sounds from 030366 are back, and if they lacked coherence in the old song, here they lack it even more. I just cannot believe this song made it into a record. What the fuck was Timo thinking about when he wrote this? And how could Nuclear Blast release this incredibly crappy record?

I should be congratulated for reaching this point of the album, but halfway through track 9 I decided it was enough and hit the ear-saving stop button. But according to the previous review track 10 sounds like 030366 (oh no... not again), so I'm glad my ears didn't bleed anymore.

Please, please, I beg you not to listen to this album. Make yourself a favor. Just make your pop-loving friend listen to this one and he/she will probably tell you it is good or very good, so at this point you already know at what we are looking here. Seriously, go listen to Episode or Visions.

I just can't describe how pissed off I am when I think of the fourty minutes of my life that I wasted listening to this shit. This is not worth downloading.
Please don't make any more solo albums Timo. Write stuff like that in Destiny, for Stratovarius. Forget this stupid thing.