© 2002-2018

TERRAVORE – UNFORESEEN CONSEQUENCES (Stormspell Re - 90%

Thrash3d, December 2nd, 2017
Written based on this version: 2017, Digital, Independent (Bandcamp)

“Varna, Bulgaria’s” very own “Terravore” presented to the masses on “November 10, 2017” their debut full-length CD release entitled “Unforeseen Consequences”, with the initial release available digitally via their “Bandcamp” page, which will also be available in early 2018 on cassette via “Heathen Records” & CD via “Stormspell Records”.

When I say “debut full-length” release, I need to say that “Terravore” has both an “EP” release entitled “Apocalyptic Impact” in 2016, a “Single” release entitled “Lethal Vaccine” in 2017, a “Compilation CD” appearance via “Malevolence Records” with “Abominable Rancor”, also in 2017. And all released in just under three years of their incarnation. To say the least, the lads in “Terravore” have been quite busy. Busy by trying to make a name for themselves, getting their music spread to the masses & heard, & trying to make a name for themselves. An impressive stint, so far.

Needless to say, but will say it anyways & that is “Terravore” are a great fucking band! With what I believe are gaining momentum as they are becoming much tighter musically as a band with each release. You take all this & add in the fact that “Terravore” were able to come across someone who did a really great job in the production & engineering department, & “voila”, I am starting to see & hear some potential really unleashed amidst “Terravore”.

I had a chance to review “Terravore’s – Apocalyptic Impact” EP and a demo entitled, “Spectrum Of Death”. This is just one example that reinforces what I said in the last paragraph. But here’s the clincher, listen to their “Starkiller” official lyric video, or their “Carbonized Corpses” official lyric video, or even their “Lethal Vaccine” official lyric video, versus say their whole “Apocalyptic Impact” EP and case fucking closed in my opinion & wholeheartedly believe you can hear the differences from then to the present-tense.

Moving on a bit here, the “Unforeseen Consequences” CD seems to start off a bit slowly I think, (which is not a bad thing here). Because it is a gradual climb from the intro track of “Lethal Vaccine” & starts to really take the fuck off at “Terror Doctrine” & “Carbonised Corpses”. with an even keel across the rest of the CD closing with the “Spectrum Of Death (Unforeseen Consequences) track. Take special note to the instrumental track of “Catatonia”! Not too many instrumental tracks ever catch my attention. This one sure as hell does & in my opinion defines “Terravore” musically. Very well orchestrated & stellar performance. Job well done.

With just over forty-five minutes in total run-time (which I think is the perfect full-length CD length), some may say that “Terravore” sound too much like “Kreator”? Some may even say that they’re a “Kreator” rip-off? Personally, I don’t think they are a rip-off but do sound a lot like “Kreator”, or very much emulate them. But the correlation does not sound bad & can hear the differences between both. And then again this may be who “Terravore” are heavily influenced by? Besides, I can think of a lot worse bands nowadays to sound like, copy, emulate, & or even rip-off for that matter. And “Kreator” ain’t one of them! To each their own I suppose?

Some pits, or dips, or even downfalls lets say that are on “Unforeseen Consequences” are some areas that some repetitive & directionless rhythms here & there. Not a whole helluva lot, but some. Its almost as if they’ve gotten lost musically, need to grow a little bit more, & expand on some horizons. But seriously this will all come in time & doesn’t happen overnight. Until then I feel “Terravore” are making great strides in this direction & taking these steps with release to release. I’d see keep up the good work & a job well-done guys!

Review by Nathan McLeod of Malevolence Records