Granddaddy of every toaster-mic COD kid... - 70%

Piz, December 12th, 2016

Right off the bat, I need to talk about this production. WFO ain't got shit on this. I legitimately suspect that they recorded this on a cassette deck, because there's no way vinyl could do this sober. This is the only album that sounds like its coming from the other side of a wall through earbuds. I can make comparisons all day, but trust me: you NEED to be a major-league thrash fan to get through the first minute of this sonic war-crime.

That said: it ain't bad. I mean, at time it sounds like Taurus couldn't decide if they wanted to be a speed metal band instead, but they usually come back to thrash pretty quickly. It isn't nearly as catchy as their second album, nor as technical as their debut, nor as heavy as their comeback; it is, however, very fun. It honestly sounds more east-coast than Brazilian, and that's coming from a big fan of Overkill and Nuclear Assault. It doesn't have a lot of depth to it, though, so I can only call it good.

If you're looking for tremolos, turn back now: these guitarists eat barres and crap power chords. Their drummer and vocalist are more average, though the latter needs to drink a bit more water. Nobody here is too exceptional technically, or if they are, then they aren't showing it. I'd normally mention the pedals briefly but they're pretty hard to make out, so I won't bother.

All in all, if you can get past the production, you'll find a solid 80% underneath. -10% for the DOS audio, though.