Something must be done about your attitude! - 87%

ShadeOfDarkness, June 3rd, 2009

Susperia is the best norwegian band I know. I am from Norway myself, and I don't know why, but that makes this band even more special for me. There aren't many norwegian thrashers out there. You've got these guys, Deathhammer, and Blood Tsunami. Ok, You've got Equinox from the 80's, but they aren't active anymore of course. As long as Susperia is here, Norway is safe to say it like that, cause this album is a blast!!

It begins with the track "The Urge" which is a great song overall. The following "Live My Dreams" isn't quite as interesting, but that doesn't matter, because the third track "Attitude" is a great song! The band shows what they're got for. Especially Athera does a great job! He is the best norwegian vocalist I know!

Athera's vocals are just what they usually are, the only difference is that he sometimes goes for some high pitched screams, which he hasn't done somuch before. This makes it even more interesting to listen to. His vocals combined with the guitars sounds great.

The guitar playing is prett nice too. I've heard better, but you can't always expect it to be perfect. Not all the riffs are pure thrash. There are some black metal riffs here and there, but that's because this band was once black metal. The song "Sick Bastard" is almost a little tribute to their past, as Shagrath of Dimmu Borgir and Chuck Billy from Testament does guest vocals on it. This sounds amazing! They're the perfect combination!

The drumming is great! Tjodalv even does some blast beat in "The Urge" which sounds pretty amazing if you ask me. However, there are some things that annoys me. Many of the songs oes in the same tempo. Can't they have a little more faster songs. There aren't so many of those on this album I'm afraid. The fastest song must be "The Urge," which is also the best song on the album.

But if you want a solid album from a solid norwegian band, then pick this piece up! You'll definitely have a good time listening to it. If you love thrash, then there is a good chance you'll like this album. So it's always worth a try!