© 2002-2020

What do you want on your tombstone? - 100%

endinginfire, May 26th, 2007

Solicide's lone album, this has to be one of the best overall funeral doom albums of all time. It mixes the soft/mellow atmospheres of Skepticism with a unique twist. The twist is in the song structure and the guitars/drums. The songs are all very, very long, averaging about 25 minutes each. The length is fitting since it helps to not only create the atmopshere, but to draw you in and hypnotize your soul. The guitars are very thick and heavy in some parts, and very reverb drenched and atmospheric in others parts. The drums are probably a drum maching, but it works very well for their style. There actually is not a single snare hit on the entire album, beleive me I checked many times. The beats are mainly cymbals work with a massive wall of floor toms that really help to create a tidal wave of atmosphere and hypnotic vibes along with the excellent deep growls. The vocals are perfectly executed and perfectly timed thourghout the album. There are some really good insturmental passages that cascade over one another until the vocals come back to haunt you.

I have to say that this is an absolute classic album and a must own for any funeral doom junkie out there. You will not be dissapointed, you will be too busy being possessed by the icy hand of death.