Good Melo-death EP - 85%

fear_the_riffer, August 9th, 2004

The first Sentenced album I bought was Amok, as much as I liked it, I like this even more! Although this EP has only five tracks, they are all great.

The album starts with The Way I Wanna Go. It's fast, aggressive, and has soaring leads. I'm not an expert in melo-death, but this is definitely good shit!
The album keeps getting better and maintains a good balance between melody and aggression until it reaches what might be considered the disappointment of the album, White Wedding. Yes, this is a Billy Idol cover which is not bad, but doesn't fit in this album since the original song doesn't have a solo or any melody. The title track Love and Death is similar to The Way I Wanna Go but a bit slower. It's a good mixture of melody, heavy chunk, and growling vocals.

This might be one of the best Melodic Death albums because I enjoyed it and I'm not even a fan of the genre. It's also good if you are trying melo-death for the first time.Oh and if you find the Amok/Love and Death compilation be sure to get it!