For Goat Worshippers Only - 80%

bassethornmusic, February 1st, 2008

This is a short review, since if you managed to find your way here, you are probably already somewhat familiar with Sadomator. I had high hopes for this debut album, manifested strictly for bestial black metal fanatics, and for the most part am satisfied with it in my collection. Only a couple of things I thought it could do without.

The intros or sound clips are too many and too long; they are dispersed throughout the album and tend to ruin the flow of the actual music.

The songs are too short; leaving little room for any sort of musical development. Not asking for Opeth here, but a bit more quality over quantity would be nice.

Other than these two complaints, this is a pretty solid piece of devastatingly raw black metal. The trio managed to produce a big sound, with pounding drums of simple patterns, grinding guitars sounding like a horde of killer bees, and bestial vocals, all superimposed on simple songs that allow them to go nuts on their instruments. If you enjoy your metal raw and dirty and somewhat repetitive with questionable production, this recording will quench your thirst in a big way. I spin this for days and highly recommend it to goat worshippers of Blasphemy and old Beherit.

Can anyone tell me which track is Atomic Nuclear Desolation (Blasphemy cover)? Can't find it. Maybe it's no on my promo copy?