© 2002-2022

The rise of some will be the exile of others - 80%

diogoferreira, April 30th, 2020

With the the third album, Regarde Les Hommes Tomber entered the Season Of Mist universe and close a trilogy with "Ascension", which continues the narrative of "Exile" (2015).

Conceptually, the band shows us through their vision the fate of some protagonists from the sacred scriptures, in which everyone is bound by fate in an inevitable path to loss and defeat. For example, in the fateful "The Renegade Son" we are told of a deposed holy father that will have his throne occupied by a renegade son.

Musically, a new path begins with the powerful and somewhat melodic “A New Order”, an excellent presentation of what is the band's post-black metal. Over almost 47 minutes, Regarde Les Hommes Tomber take what we already know about this type of sound and give it new and dark dynamics that make us feel a sense of accusation, a descent to the depths of guilt, a finger pointing to the vanity that had been enormous and that now finds itself relegated to poverty. And when all of these perceptions are absorbed through an art that is sonic, then it's because the band is doing everything right.

In fact, this record is close to perfection. The production is fantastic, displaying the instruments with extraordinary clarity - if the guitars and the voices are the core, we cannot forget the extremely professional recording of the drums full of unique sections, and we must pay attention to the moments in which the bass emerges in addition to the rest.

Throughout the record, from beginning to end, Regarde Les Hommes Tomber exhibit exemplary creative clarity and direction, as can be witnessed with the crushing riffs in the epic “The Crowning”. These compliments will also be felt especially due to the way they tell a story by having several sections that engage in a dizzying speed and then is attempted to calm the ecstasy with less fast segments that are built of dissonant chords and hypnotic drumming rolls, really to disturb, to say that there is no salvation, that destiny is set, that the rise of some will be the exile of others.

With this record, Regarde Les Hommes Tomber raise the bar for what will still be done during 2020 within the post-black metal scene. It will undoubtedly be one of the best albums you'll hear this year!