An Escape From Sanity - 100%

Hexades, December 11th, 2004

When I first listened to this cd I was totally appalled by what I heard. The mixture of lead vocalist Zet and female vocalist Sfinx brings about images of insanity and the desperate plea for escape.

The first song in this album, R.I.P, begins with the maddening whispers of Zet as he becons you to enter the world of distorted thoughts, the slow sound of a door creak gives you a clear picture what exactly you are being invited to as a fast paced guitar riff by Zet and the chilling, insane voice of Sfinx demonstrate just how powerful irrational lyrics and otherworldly keyboards can be.

The second song, Queen, takes you deeper into Ram-Zet's asylum. The fast guitar riffs and derranged keyboarding compliment each other and are a good equilibrium with what the intended goal of this song was, to pull the listener and keep him/her in their world until the cd is finished.

The third track, The Clausterphobic Journey, holds true to its title. To me the lyrics reflect upon a refuge for the chaos of the mental storm. Sfinx' voice is extremely calm and unsettling as she calms the mind with the promise of peace that can never be obtained. Zet's vocals once again accomplish the impossible with his extremely high notes and screeching shrieks.

The fourth song, Sound of Tranquility followed by a short conclusion titled Peace? Is my personal favorite. The lyrics are very well thought out as both femals and male vocals show the side of the mind that desires inner peace from the conflict within. The song begins with the haunting whispers of Sfinx and the sounds of soft breathing, then all hell breaks loose as an awesome unison of guitar and bass are introduced. The song ends with the very tranquil Peace interlude.

The rest of the cd I would dare not spoil, but I do guarantee that this album is but a taste of things to come from this very talented band.