I hope I'm dead by the time you read this - 100%

Junkyard God, August 26th, 2016
Written based on this version: 2015, 2CD, Relapse Records (Limited edition, Digipak)

This is beautiful. This is art.

The whole album is a fucking beautiful piece of art. I think this is the only way I can explain the awesomeness of this album. Intro, Jennifer, is one of the best intros ever. It builds the great atmosphere. They brought to grindcore something that grindcore never had. I can't tell what it is, because it can't be explained by words. I could say that it is a technique, but it isn't good word for this. Many grindcore bands like Assuck played awesome technical grind, but Pig Destroyer brought us something new.

Vocals aren't typical grindcore high screams, growls, J.R. is just screaming literally like a fucking rabid dog. I think that's the main reason why we can hear the anger coming from this music, from those lyrics. Lyrics are one fucking poem. J.R. is known for writing awesome lyrics, and without doubt, his lyrics are the best, Natasha could be the main proof for this, but Prowler in the Yard's lyrics have something special in themselves.

Everyone who's into grindcore music should know how talented Scott Hull is. Even if you didn't hear Pig Destroyer before, you probably heard Agoraphobic Nosebleed, or 40 More Reasons to Hate Us by Anal Cunt. Okay, Anal Cunt, isn't a good example, because there Scott don't show us technique, but he's doing awesome work. But getting to the point, in Pig Destroyer he shows us all his abilities. He's doing such a masterpiece. Prowler in The Yard isn't as technical as Phantom Limb for example, but it doesn't matter. It's very technical anyway. Scott's riffs are brutal and complicated, and that's awesome. Sometimes I can hear mathcore influences in his guitar work. He can carry on every style I think. Brian Harvey is also doing a good piece of shit. His blasts are kickass, but he also can play very technically. Intro for Junkyard God always gets me. I don't know what else I could say about him.

As I said before, Pig Destroyer doesn't play typical grind. In their music can be heard doom/sludge, hardcore punk, thrash, and even mathcore influences. Believe me, it's a fucking awesome mix. Trojan Whore is an example. There are blended all styles that I said before. It's also one of my favourite tracks from this album. The other track that needs so much attention is Starbelly. Fucking Starbelly. This typical sludge song is one of the best things that PxDx have ever done. Those lyrics, those emotions coming from J.R.'s screams, it can't be explained by words. Really. One of my favourite songs ever.

I will finish as I started.

This is beautiful. This is art.