© 2002-2022

Anti-music or zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - 0%

oneyoudontknow, December 18th, 2007

When I discovered the band Utarm I created a topic on the matter of this band as I wanted to discover similar ones. One recommendation was the Abruptum, this legendary band from Sweden whose releases made of an utmost horrific sound-collage, which are either possible to like or hate; there is nothing in between. Some time in the summer I discovered the release of Mons Veneris “Evil Genius - a tribute to abruptum” on a mail-order list and I thought it would be nice to listen to a tribute first, before starting with the art of the archetype.

The only good aspect of this album is that I did not spend much money on it. Yes… there is nothing more.

The bad things are: everything … or the rest.

Several days ago I ripped a tape from an Iranian band and their music was much better than the piece of crap that is offered here. This pathetic worthless piece of shit of music on this tape can only be classified as a joke… without being funny. Lord Infaustum tries hard to suck as much as he can and created music without any kind of structure, any kind of concept and perhaps also any kind of talent. Nothing coherent can be found. Riffs are played but not in the sense of a structure of texture in the background, there is some wild playing, something that would grab your attention for some seconds, but it vanishes into oblivion just as it has never existed. The vocals are screams, murmurs and some guttural pandemonium and it is as an abhorrent audio torment as the guitars are. If you are lucky you can recognize some drums and sometimes they last even for a minute or so. They play something which only Lord Infaustum might understand, but no one else. Each song is different in respect to the kind of humiliation of the listener. The first and the lack track have elements of the ambient respectively the noise genre, whereby the other two are quite close to some kind of ‘metal’.

The music is so boring, so pointless and lacking of atmosphere that it is hardly possible to endure the whole demo. If you like Zarach Baal Tharagh the chances are good that you will cheer this record, as the production is far better than those of the French musician. If you have too much money to spend, buy something else and not this record.