© 2002-2020

Is it really NOT a Japanese band?! - 95%

Werewolf, December 19th, 2009

I usually mock with disrespect bands that write about Vikings while living in Brazil, “winter-worship” from bands from countries like the one where I live (where a temperature below 18 C degrees is rare) or war praising parasites who come from countries that haven’t taken part in any war for centuries and have no fuckin’ clue what it means at all. Here is an exception, since despite the fact that this German act sounds Japanese while singing about Ronin and Vikings, they do it amazingly well and I would never guess they’re German!

This 5 tracks demo kicks in with a very energetic Heavy/Speed anthem SPEEDBIKER and the amazingly cool Japanese accent of one of the vocalists rules! There is another vocalist here, who has more harsh and Thrashy voice and the combinations works well. The next couple of tracks continue the line of traditional Heavy/Speed Metal, inspired by classics like Iron Maiden and Speed stuff like Grave Digger. Pure no bullshit Metal with heart, soul and balls!

As the tape advances – it seems to get only better! Valhalla Rock is the Viking praising song here, which has a great heroic atmosphere, think Manowar+Metalucifer. The song RONIN is just a masterpiece! An anthem with vibe a la’ Maiden with a great feeling of anger and will to avenge! The Japanese sentence that is used in this song means “I hate you for what you have done to me!” and it’s what I can say about this band! I hate them for getting me addicted to this demo! Last but not least – a great, catchy THOR (Can) cover to close this demo. The tape is limited to 333 copies and the luckiest 33 maniacs also got a shirt and a pin with their logo!