Probably The Scariest Album Ever Made - 98%

CletusChrist94, January 2nd, 2014

I remember the first time I listened to this album. I was glad that it was mid-day and that the room I was in was well lit, because if I had decided to listen to this album at night, in total darkness I probably would've shat my pants in fear. I mean Jesus Christ this album is terrifying, but it's also one of the best death metal albums ever recorded. It's a sound that has never quite been replicated and it's a shame that they disbanded after this one full length album, because I am and always will be curious to hear what else could've been conjured up by these guys.

The album itself has a weird sound and production job that adds to the horror. The vocals are absolutely inhuman, and I am not just saying that because they are growled vocals, I mean these vocals actually sound like they were sang by a demon in the pits of hell with unintelligible growls, and shrieks. The playing on the album is also pretty damn good. The guitars, bass, and drums all flow very nicely together with hellish riffs, and crazy blast beats, and you may even be surprised to hear that this band was a trio. But with such a sound you would've thought that there were at least ten guys playing, so in a way they could be viewed as the Rush of Death Metal, because some of the music has some progressive tinges thrown in.

The tracks "Chamber of Reunion" and "Exoriation Kills The Bliss" start with these really weird samples that really make the mood extremely unsettling. If I were to pick songs that really stood out above the rest I really couldn't, because all of the songs flow together so well that it creates a truly unique and almost perfect album.

So closing this review I will say that again this is probably an album that will scare the living shit out of you. So if you want a good scare, but also want to hear some kick-ass death metal music, pop this album in and listen to it from start to finish. I guarantee you that it will scare you more than most of the shitty horror movies that come out nowadays.