© 2002-2018

Hell United - HornoKracy - 80%

Tomecki666, January 19th, 2018
Written based on this version: 2008, CD, Lilith Productions

Sometimes I wonder how it works. Does the music find us or do we find music? Well, it probably doesn’t matter. Whichever way it happened, Hell United's Hornokracy has been spinning in my player for quite a while now, giving my ears serious beating every time it's on.

Hornokracy consists of two parts. First part called "Ordinarium Missae", which is the new 2008 material, and second part - "Proprium Missae" - is their 2007 material from Extra Strength of the Obscure. Sound wise, both materials are very well played and recorded so there is almost no difference between two of them. If this is your first encounter with Hell United I must warn you! Hornokracy is relentless, massive, unforgiving and furious. Both parts of Hornokracy serve us an extremely fast mixture of black and death metal with occasional slower tempo passages that are so crushingly heavy that they could probably grind sand and stone no problem.

First, it hits with insanely fast double bass/blast beat drums that made me wonder if drummer is actually human. Then sharp and somewhat out of place guitar that tore me to pieces. Fat bass guitar sound came out rumbling when I least expected it kicking me in the face. Vocals are simply maniacal screams of a tormented schizophrenic. Cursing at heavens, invoking spirits, spitting hate. Somewhere in-between diabolic intros add tons of blasphemous feel to the overall hellish atmosphere of the album. Completing the whole package is awesomely done booklet with cover art and layout designed by Ataman Tolovy. His very inspired and original work makes the visual side of the project devilishly pleasant. All that combined makes Hell United vicious and unstoppable. It makes Hornokracy a brutal massacre of the senses. No mercy, no prisoners, no bull from the very beginning to the very end. Everything is in its place and all in superb quality.

I can’t really find anything to complain about or find anything that I don’t like about this album. I’ve listened to it many times and I can tell you right know Hornokracy is one of my favorite albums this year. It doesn’t matter if I found it or it found me. Enough said.

(Originally written for www.metalbite.com)

Kiss your ass goodbye for Satan - 90%

autothrall, October 27th, 2009

Formerly known as Eclypse, this Polish black/death cult has achieved a level of high intensity under their new nomenclature. With a sound somewhere between 1349 and modern Behemoth, you know you are in for a complete unholy racket. Fortunate these gentlemen write intriguing enough songs that this is a headache well worth attaining.

Hostile enough to flay Christian skin straight from their bodies, the album begins with the haunting bells toll of "Eucharistik Masochism". It's a shredder with some nice riffs, and I like the subtle guitar layers over the bridge. "Lamentations of Gods" continues to amass the destruction until the body count is almost incalculable. "God Father Goat Father" is a clarion call to victory for the LEGIONS OF HELL. Because surely this is the side these guys serve on, and they surely have achieved officer status at the least. And to think I haven't even gotten to the meat yet, because "Gospel of Havoc" is just fucking sick. "In the Name of Hellfire" slows things down a little, though its still quite evil. By this point, you need a slowdown, because you have to recover. "Insatiable Thirst for Injure" picks up the pace with some vile melody and pure oldschool grinding evil riffs. "Extra Strength of the Obscure" has a more sheer, black edge. The final two tracks, "Too Pity Too Insane" and "Great Expiatory's Suicide" are likewise sinister and blacker. And in fact, I love the use of the chanting sample and the ambiance in the latter.

The musicians are what you expect from the Polish scene: well honed and brutal cutting knives of slaughter metal. The drumming is off the wall but this guy makes it seem as if it's just Tuesday or something. If Behemoth simply isn't enough for you and you want something even more destructive, the debut from Hell United is an amazing effort and you should have already whipped out the credit card. Hail Satan mother fuckers! Or something like that. Buy this. And kiss your ass goodbye.

-autothrall