Not hardly. - 2%

Nargodath, January 26th, 2007

Let me preface this review by saying that I'm a longtime afficionado of ambient music, and will jump to defend many examples of said music. I'm also quite fond of Tolkien-inspired music. Too bad that "Orkish Pride":
*Is barely music.
*Has nothing to do with Orcs
*Shares very little with traditional 'ambient' and ought to be classed with those who aspire to the genre of "random harsh noise."

Imagine, if you will, a mystical and enchanted vacuum cleaner. Inside the cavernous belly of this machine live a race of little people. One day, an adventurer introduces crack cocaine and Merzbow into their dark stronghold. The munchkins decide to pay tribute and record their own art. Problem is, they can't seem to progress beyond simple "thump. thump. thump. thump." rhythms, their only method of recording is a rejiggered GameBoy sound cartridge, and the owner of the vacuum cleaner decides to turn it on during the process.

Let us have a moment of fuzzy, noisy silence in memory of the brave, artistic little munchkins, before returning to lands not plagued by over-intellectualized drone theorists.