© 2002-2020

What the hell is this? - 40%

K_a_z_u_y_a, July 2nd, 2005

So I've been noticing that most Australian metalheads have moved into the "let's endlessly fellate Gospel Of The Horns" phase. I downloaded this album to see what the fuss was all about and was served up with a seven track steaming pile of bullshit.

So what've we got here? Some pretty damn mediocre, mid-paced black/thrash without the aggression or fun. The only thing that exists on this album is kvlt tomfoolery with no direction a-la Deathcrush, only without the aggression .. and fun.

I told my friend what I thought, and he replied with "So what if they're not innovative or original? They know what they do and they do it well," uh, the fact of the matter is, they don't really do it well.

It's full of shitty, mediocre riffing that carries on for far too long, the formula for any given song seems to be:

Lead
Lead
Solo
Riff 1

So, yeah, as you might be able to tell from that there, this album gets fucking repetitive quick.

The vocals seem to be your standard black affair, nothing different in this department...

And the drumming, the drumming is one redeeming point on this album. The drummers know what the fuck he's doing. It never really goes over-the-top as with most black metal and thrash metal, and it's not too fast and it's sure as hell not too slow. A lot of meat beats, though.

Bass doesn't even get a spotlight in this album anywhere, it's buried underneath the shit that is the riffing.

Oh, the other redeeming point. The solo in track 2, yeah. Actually, despite track 2 ("Absolute Power") being the same riff repeated for 3:16 breaking only for a quick lead, it's actually a decent song. And yes. The solo is nice.

That's all. Steer clear of this band. Please.