© 2002-2023

Funerot is the PAST of Thrash! - 85%

Cochino, November 15th, 2007

FUNEROT really surprised me. I’m pretty sceptic when it comes to new records, and even more about new bands, but I read many positive reviews, praising their style and old school sound, so I risked to fall in the trap I fell many times before. But these guys really ARE old school. The music sound like it has been recorded at least15 years ago. Very raw, but every instrument can be appreciated in a correct manner.
I listened this CD and their split with RABID at the same time (well, not really. First I listened to one, and then to the other, because if you listen 2 records at the same time you can’t understand a fuck, try to do it), and the change between them is pretty important. In the split their style was Thrash/Death with some Punk elements. But in this one they almost abandoned their Death style leaving only Thrash and Punk, but that didn’t diminished the amount of aggression. This album consists in a really powerful kind of Crossover (very well displayed in songs like “Mandroid” or “Death By Draino”), mixed with some faster tracks (like “Invaders From The Death Dimension”), with clear reminiscences of SLAUGHTER (Can).
If you miss those good old days, when Thrash, Speed, Punk and Death were good friends, and blend together with almost no prejudice at all, you’re gonna love this record. I could even say that it is the best record from 2006.