I rarely give less than 40% to an album... - 20%

black_slime, March 7th, 2012

I really rarely give less than 40% to an album. Even some early deathcore albums (if you can call it early) get 40% just for trying, but this album exceeds all shitiness in the world, so I'm going to be very short on this one since there's not much to talk about.

It's plain bad. I don't know what Halford was thinking when he recorded this, nor do I know what the other members thought. It's like they desperately tried to sound like "Pantera" or "White Zombie", but they miserably fail. The vocals are crap. I don't know what Rob was thinking about when he turned on all of those unnecessary vocal effects. Was he trying to sound stupid or what? The lyrics are also bad, very bad. No inspiration at all, no motivation, no power...nothing. It's like some retarded version of a mutated Cavalera+Anselmo gay-child wrote them. I rarely trash talk bands, but I do when something really gets on my nerves.

As far as riffage goes, it's totally uninspired. It's bad, not heavy at all, and I don't know what the hell the admins of "The Metal Archives" were thinking when they approved the "thrash/groove metal" classification of this pure shit. The only thing that deserves a score in my album grading system is the drumming, so I give it 20% out of 20%, maximum for a grade and just because everything else sounds like crap.

So all in all, I don't recommend this album to anyone unless you really want to experience the painful and disappointing side of metal (If you can call this metal).