© 2002-2021

Waste of Money. - 10%

caspian, March 2nd, 2006

Having heard the Sunn O)))'s fairly good white2 record, I decided to investigate a bit more into the genre of extreme doom. I was hoping to find the HEX album (which sounds fairly promising), but they didn't have it so I bought this instead. Oh well.

The first song on this album will probably be thought of as art by a lot of people, but in my opinion, it's fairly crap, and you'd be hard pressed to disagree. The 2nd guitar around the end of the song provides a bit of variation, but otherwise, it's the same, boring as hell thing.. 2 notes one semitone apart. Let's leave that progression for nu-metal bands huh? Basically, if you like this, you're lying. There
s nothing here for anyone.

The second song is an absolute marathon.. 58 minutes in length. It's not quite as horrible boring as the first song, because there's drums adding a few extra bits of dynamics.. well, maybe it is, because the first song is only a quarter of the length. WHile the first one was obviously drone doom though, this one is really quite strange, there's a bit of lead guitar floating around, and there's nothing down tuned on display. I guess the best description would be two retards (the drummer's ok..) trying to jam classic rock, but they're strumming the guitars with their penises or something. Regardless, it's fairly lame, and it goes on and on and on...and on and on.

So unless if you're a huge fan of these guys, there's nothing at all to recommend this, it doesnt have the interesting ambience and odd riffs that Sunn O))) have mastered, it's just two guitars and drums droning on and on, playing pointless and annoying riffs. Don't buy this. Big waste of money.