Fucking Right! - 83%

langstondrive, November 2nd, 2003

A Change of Seasons is one of the greatest songs ever made. Dream Theater shall never ever top it. Ever. Now that I got that out of the way, this EP (if you want to call it that, it's as long as many full length albums) shows one good thing and one bad thing.

The good thing: The title track. Holy shit, I died and went to heaven listening to this. The song does not get boring at all, despite it's hefty (23 minute) length. There are several different segments. The song begins and ends with an acoustic guitar. There are heavier parts, and these are the ones that make this song shine for me. Around the 2-5 minute area is my favourite part of the song because of the different melodies used and how they fit so perfectly with one another. The whole song fucking rules though, and I know for sure that this band will not top this (at least in my opinion).

The bad thing: The covers. What the fuck. These are a waste of time. Zeppelin was great, no need to bastardize them by performing a bad cover. Queen sucks. Fuck them. The covers are really pointless and not very well done.

The diagnosis: Buy this album, listen to the title track and turn it off. Repeat daily.