© 2002-2020

Mexican Infestation - 75%

Homer_Nava, March 21st, 2013

This is another cult Mexican band formed in the '90s and this is their debut album recorded in 1997. Disgorge is the band and they are a well-known band all over the underground world. With this first effort they got an important reputation everywhere. I've known them since the demo tapes-era recordings and the evolution is notable till this point. Disgorge is death grind just like that, for there`s no other description for such “musick”.

This is mainly more grind than death metal. It is noisy at times, but really they are ultra-fast, and with those growling vocals and killer drums changing the rhythms several times (in a severe way), I guess that the balance of the recording doesn't let the guitars highlight enough because I hear the guitars some distance away, but I still noticed that the guitars are sick and chaotic.

In general, this death grind is executed in the way it must be. Disgorge was always compared to Carcass, but let me tell you that there`s no comparison with that band except maybe only in concept and the lyrics, but not the music. Okay, Carcass is a big influence of Disgorge, but there are other bands influencing them.

Chronic Corpora Infest is a very important album in their discography and no one can deny that it is an important release in the Mexican scene. It is hard to review these kinds of releases. In this case, we have here Disgorge from Mexico, and it is gives me a kind of an unusual feeling because it is a representative Mexican band. I know there are some other bands in Mexico playing like this, but not like Disgorge. This is a special band because of their experience in the scene in/out of Mexico and the brutality offered.

So what makes this band so special form others? Checking out their first demo tape and considering I have witnessed the first band era till Chronic Corpora Infest, there’s one point to follow and it is that we have here is the same line-up of sickos. This could be the classical line-up or being a trio is better, in my opinion, besides the continuous process. Chronic... is the real music of sickness mixed with technical parts and surprising rhythm changes. I must admit that bands like Disgorge playing live are amazing most of the time because there’s almost the same energy that's on the cd, like a loyal sound, or at least I feel that way. Having a death grind or gore grind band reviewed, I look for precision or good technical music in the extreme way without losing the morbid atmosphere. Closer to the feelings while listening to brutal death metal, all that is what Disgorge expose to the extreme music fans, owners of the right key for this genre. One, as a listener, must be patient to find that. Are you able to?

In this CD there are songs that are similar to each other. I cannot avoid feeling that, but there are also some memorable songs like Fecalized or Rancid Bowel Sarcoma, songs that have different guitar riffs. The concept of the band is evident in that they are into gore, cannibalism, and medical terms. I’ve tried to read the lyrics and they are in English, but because of the medical issues, they are hard for me to understand. This CD is a must have. It is special and if you are looking for stuff from pioneering bands of this genre, get this CD now. The new edition features four bonus tracks.