© 2002-2021

Help me, my brain's been fucked by riffs!!! - 96%

Cup_Of_Tea, October 30th, 2005

Sometimes music cannot be described with words, it simply takes your breath away and you simply enjoy it with all your heart. Fortunately this is not the case with Idolatry, here you do not weep for the glory lost or little fluffy kittens that got killed, here you fucking bang your head! This album cannot be compared to Beneath The Remains, definetly, it's so superior that it could only be compared to world destroyers like Time Does Not Heal or Spectrum Of Death, perhaps not as good, but very, very close.

Not only did they fuck my brain, they fucked all of you and comanded you not to deny the beast inside, but to let it loose - thrash is the ultimate punishment that god, or satan, came up with and they gave the key to Slayer, Overkill and Venom. Slayer got lost, Overkill kept on thrashing and Venom... well... Venom decided to screw the rules and created the most fucking lethal version of thrash ever made, thus giving birth to Possessed, who ultimately gave birth to bands like Morbid Saint, Dark Angel and Devastation.
Well, thank you Venom, you just brought music as extreme as possible and brought it's end in the year 1991. - marking it as the most powerful music ever made by man. The thrash titans decided to make it glorious and albums like Idolatry, Victims Of Deception, TDNH, Night of the Stormrider, Nothing'$ $acred and Horrorscope were forged in hell's studios.

The main problem with the songs is I have no idea where to start, so I won't even do it. I'll mention Deliver the Suffering as the craziest neck snapping song ever made by man, a song that makes Kreator sound like amateurs, and simmilar magnificent pieces like Souls of Sacrifice with that goddamn complicated main riff. Also the title track gets "heavy as fuck" in the heaviness catalogue. And of course there's Never Believe, a Darkness Descends worship song, something very simmilar to Perish in Flames, just a bit slower in the middle.

Overall... one of the best albums ever made. If this doesn't make your head band, you're either disabled or completely retarded. Worship it or fuck off. Thank you.