© 2002-2022

Denyall > Dehumanized > Reviews > ruigeroeland
Denyall - Dehumanized

Great follow-up demo - 92%

ruigeroeland, June 17th, 2008

Denyall released a promising two track demo last year. They took a year to work on new material, resulting in the release of their new demo “Dehumanized”, containing three tracks this time.

Stylistically not much has changed, meaning the band still plays Guitar-driven Gothic Metal in the Beauty and Beast style. Main difference is that there is a somewhat larger role for the keyboard, without overdoing it. The keyboard adds some extra atmosphere to the songs, but is not overwhelming the heavy riffing.

It certainly paid off that the band spend a year writing their three songs, because they managed to create three great tunes. The musicianship was already solid on the previous demo, and once again the band plays like they are veterans. Good job.

On the previous release I had some problems with the female vocals. They sounded somewhat thin so to speak. I am glad to report, that this problem is taking care off. The vocal performances of both the female singer and male growler are great. The clean vocals are mid to high pitched (not operatic) and have a great husky edge at times. The grunts are used sporadically, but pack a great punch when they are.

One of the best demos I have heard this year. I think the band has a good chance on a record deal based on this release.