The Title of the Album Explains Everything! - 45%

Ritchie Black Iommi, July 14th, 2013

Believe me, guys, I'm so actually certain about this. Mouth-out, the older members of the band said a million times "oh, Blackmore, yeah, but we just don't need him...he is gone, our shows were a roaring wreck with him with only 5000 people watching us, we were losing our popularity and blahblahblah...", but they were crying inside. They were lost and blind, with no life and no emotion.

No matter how hard Stevie Morse tried with two or three songs here like "Watching the Sky", "Almost Human", "Evil Louie" or even "Any Fule Kno That", riffing like hell with emotion and spirit. The guys behind him were just gone. They were in the mood of "Ritchie abandoned us, so we will abandon you too, young mate". And that's plainly the thing that happened here. I'll ramble upon this fact over and over again. There isn't just much to talk about this record. It's wrong doing, or weak doing, or bland doing, or gutless doing, that's all. Even the attempt to re-record "Bludsucker" is just something that proves how they were in the minds of "we need you, Ritchie, we long those early In Rock days..." without seeing that Stevie was able to replace, somehow, Blackmore.

Despite this, I repeat this: Stevie Morse deserves an applause, our appraise and love. He was alone, here, abandoned. He did his best: soloing, riffing a couple of magic ones, pushing the envelope the most he could, but nothing can help when he is alone. Nothing at all.

Watching the Sky, Almost Human and Evil Louie are the finest songs in here only because of Steve Morse. And that's it. One of the worst releases by DP ever.