Hitchcock from the Dead!!!! - 69%

PowerMetalGuardian, June 1st, 2003

Let me first say that I will do some comparing of this demo to the other demo I have of Death, which is Reign of Terror. I realize that there were more demo's in between these two demos, but I never have heard the other ones. The production is still crappy, but it is a hell of a lot better than the produciton on Reign Of Terror. There is no more of that annoying static noise yay! But there still is that sound that this wasn't recorded in a studio, but it's a demo, so it doesn't have to be perfect. Also sometimes there is feedback, but not really bad.

Music wise, the music is well improved from Reign of Terror. How cool is it to open this album with the Alfred Hitchcock theme! This time all the instruments are balanced out! You can hear the bass guitar, the solo's are strong, the riffs are great to headbang to, and Chuck's vocals are well improved. Chuck definetly found his groove on this album, hitting all the low notes, and the great high notes (ex. Skill To Kill). Chuck lets out one hell of a scream in the beginning to Baptised in Blood. Definetly improved vocals from the Reign of Terror demo!

So the music is better, the production isn't great, but it definetly is better all around. All the instruments are equal in balance, which is a good thing, and the demo would make me go see Death every chance I could! Definetly a great demo to score for any Death collectors/fans!!!!