Incredible and shameless Euro-Power - 95%

OSheaman, May 28th, 2004

Oh my God, this is my first review in about forever. I'm so excited. WILL IT SUCK?!?!?!?!

Anyway, this is without a doubt Dark Moor's best work to date. Elisa Martin's voice is freaky, true, but the songs are straight, shameless Euro-Power, and calling them catchy would not even begin to do them justice. They are the epitome of good Euro-Power, following in the footsteps of the progenitors of auld (Stratovarius, Sonata Arctica, etc.)

After the first few Power Metal songs, we get into the style of a short synthchestral introduction followed by a rousing Power Metal song. The best song on here is undoubtedly Nevermore, which makes the grade for OSheaman's Top Ten Power Metal Songs and, incidentally, is about Edgar Allen Poe, of all things. Talk about n3ckr0!!

The instrumental work is rather simplistic for the most part, but it's all about the catchy melodies with this album. The keyboard has some fantastic solos which are mirrored by the guitar, and the drumming is well done, with a variety of rhythms to keep a song progressing and preclude any dull stalling. And, for all you ballad-haters out there, there aren't that many ballads on the album, so in essence you're getting solid Euro-Power with no strings attached.

A must-have for any fan of Euro-Power. If you hate the genre, you will undoubtedly hate this album, but for those of us who appreciate Fine Art, this album is nothing short of a masterpiece.