© 2002-2021

I write this review because I'm extremely bored - 57%

caspian, September 4th, 2010

Genre here is listed here as "doom/sludge/black", but I don't hear much of the latter. This is a simple enough sound- it's like a slower and more deliberate Sourvein, with small hints of Eyehategod and maybe Celtic Frost in some of the anti-melodies that are displayed here. The band plugs away at a fairly dismal, plodding tempo for the most part; all fine and good but when there's the occaisonal mid tempo section (like near the end of "Strip Nude for your Killer") you definitely wish they had more of them. It just sort of sits there, you know? It's heavy and there's a few decent riffs scattered throughout but nothing gets you losing your shit, which is what it's all about.

Perhaps there need to be a few leads (those super shitty lines in Caligua don't count)? Maybe the vocalist needs to shut up a bit more? All in all I just can't sustain my interest. Perhaps some more tempo changes, although I like a lot of slow repetitve stuff so that can't be it. The band make a decent racket throughout- perhaps a bit too much reliance on the one riffing pattern/style- but I just can't get into it.

Can't see myself listening to this again. If you're a fan of slow and screamy doom/sludge and you feel like hitting the blogspots, then give this a listen; who knows, you may enjoy this more than I did. Not bad, but I ain't feeling it.