© 2002-2024

Blind Illusion > Second 1983 Demo > Reviews > Human666
Blind Illusion - Second 1983 Demo

Sounds completely different from 1988 - 72%

Human666, June 7th, 2007

The first time I heard this band was with their only LP 'The Sane Asylum' which sounded like a blend of pretty much different styles into one brilliant album. However, I can't say the same thing about this demo, because it's a very consistent one. This is a pure traditional heavy metal demo, and it's sounds not bad at all.

It contains only two tracks, each of them is pretty short and has catchy melodies and riffs as well, but it doesn't rise above too much. There aren't any fast moments here, the songs played at mid tempo mostly and the riffing sounds very simple and melodic. The progression and surprises which will be highly noticeable in their LP doesn't exist here, there aren't any brilliant breaks or C-Parts as well, the songs written in a simple formula of "verse-chorus-verse" and doesn't changes more than that.

'David Godfre' has a high tone and deliverers the lyrics pretty lively, he sounds a bit feminine here...but whatever. I perosnally liked more 'Biedermann' as vocalist, but for this style 'Godfre' sounds proper.

If you already heard 'The Sane Asylum' I recommended you to get this demo, it will surprise you pretty much to hear this band with such different sound. However, if you looking only for one release, I suggest you to get 'The Sane Asylum' because it's just more better. Not bad at all, but nothing more than this.