OH MY GOD! - 99%

rakblad, May 13th, 2004

This album is great! I am a big fan of the "Into the Electric Castle"-album, but didn't ever really like the other Ayreon-material, but finally Arjen has shown me that he still can make really great music. And it just gets better and better every time I listen to it. This album has orderly variation from really heavy progressive metal-parties to harmonic parts with violin (by Robert Baba), cello (Marieke van der Heyden) and flute (Jeroen Goossens and John McManus) which alltogether makes this a masterpiece. This album is overall a little bit softer than "Electric Castle". And there is nothing I do NOT like, the musicial performance is great, the variation is also great, and not too large, the theme of the album is intresting and overall the album is really great. Maybe my opinion of this album is as positive as it is because that two of my favourite vocalists also appears on it, Mikael Ã…kerfeldt (from Opeth) and Devin Townsend (Strapping Young Lad), but also James LaBries (Dream Theater) performance I acctually think is quiet good, better than in Dream Theater, where I didn't really like him. But this album kicks ass, I don't even remeber when I heard something this good. I'm just wondering if I can manage myself to give this a 10 for rating, I always used to say that everything CAN get better and I've really tried to find something to complain about on this album, and at last I can say that Marcela Bovio's singing can get into too high tunes for me at some parts, but other than that, there is nothing at all I don't think is great about this album!

(To metal-archives-crew, this rewiev are originally published at www.missingpiece.net, but I am the one who wrote it, I work at the musicstore the missing piece and writes the metal rewievs.)