© 2002-2017

Laughably bad - 3%

Lars_Stian, February 6th, 2017

When I first listened to this album, I already had extremely low expectations, yet I was still disappointed by just how bad this release is. And as if that wasn't enough, when I read the lyrics, I literally laughed due to how bad the lyrics were.

The music itself is boring and predictable, and sounds incredibly uninspired. The lack of originality is almost impressive, as the riffs are among the most generic riffs I've ever heard. It sounds like something a twelve year old would write after playing the guitar for a month, thinking they're some kind of musical genius. Initially, I wasn't able to even listen to the first half of the album, simply due to boredom. It's actually hard to describe the sound, because no matter how many times I listen to this failure of an album, it's just so forgettable I can't seem to recall any of it. For the most part, from what I remember, it's just tremolo picking and bland progressions. It's almost hard to focus on the music due to the horrible fake drums, they just sound so fake it's unbelievable. The vocals are actually decent, they sound quite powerful and aggressive, however that is the only positive thing I can say about ''War''.

Now I usually don't mind bad lyrics, but holy hell, these lyrics are terrible. I mean honestly, with lyrics such as ''Where you fucking niggers are!?!'', ''Dimmu Borgir are fucking clowns, gays, venal bitches. They all sell their asses for a gram of heroin. Explode the bomb on their gig?'', and ''Shoot the niggers, Shoot them fucking all, A National Socialistic Call'', it's hard to ignore just how terrible they are (and no, I did not make those lyrics up, they really are that bad). I mean, come on. If you are going on a racist, hate speech rant, at least use proper grammar, otherwise you just look like a complete imbecile.

''War'' is the worst album I have ever heard in my entire life. The lyrics on ''War'' are the worst lyrics I've ever heard, and the riffs are the most bland riffs I have ever heard. The album just feels so rushed, and it is as if the sole purpose of the album is to spread their idiotic ideas and ideology with their badly written lyrics. I would not recommend this album to anyone; I would actually recommend most people to never even try to listen to this bad excuse of an album.