© 2002-2024

Arnaut Pavle > Transylvanian Glare > Reviews > AlexViking88
Arnaut Pavle - Transylvanian Glare

The Finnish Vampire Returns - 100%

AlexViking88, April 2nd, 2024

From the vast, cold lands of Finland, a relentless vampiric force named Arnaut Pavle delivers his most recent work titled “Transylvanian Glare,” a fierce demonstration of love for all things macabre and nocturnal.

The album begins without any mercy, without the need for any type of cliché or boring ambient introduction that I am sure many of us are tired of hearing, this storm of caustic and infernal hatred reminds us at times of Darkthrone in its wildest moments and even in the first stage of Gorgoroth, the vocalist opens with a scream from beyond the grave while the guitars weave a dissonant and aggressive atmosphere while the blast beats crush the listener's spirit, announcing the lunar wave in which he is immersing himself. A high-calibre vampiric ode, with riffs that penetrate to the core and drums that do not cease their practically supernatural attack, the thrasher spirit invades us, honoring the old glories that lie in the jaws of time.

The album gives us a small and somber respite halfway through, with a mid-step song like “With Sulfur Carriage”, a sinister and dark balm with a funereal and desolate rhythm, immediately the attack returns with “Baptized In Jesus' Piss”, showing a brutal and convincing punk attitude for which this project is well known, is a perfect amalgam between the most primitive and “old-school” metal with a touch of acidity characteristic of d-beat. The B-side of the album is much more atmospheric and even nostalgic, pendulating between these feelings and the aggression of punk, the guitars create epic and macabre melodies in “Judgement From Below”, a nocturnal anthem that paints funereal landscapes in some lost place in Transylvania, it is impossible not to feel how the air you breathe freezes your soul to death while we descent into this record.

This work closes in an epic and melancholic way with some minimalist vocal arrangements, a sad farewell with a strong Gothic feeling that announces an indefinite absence, and the return to their coffins until inspiration reawakens the Serbian vampire Arnaut Pavle.