Nothing new but still listenable. - 55%

DSOfan97, August 4th, 2016
Written based on this version: 2016, Digital, Sepulchral Silence (Bandcamp)

Genres such as raw black metal or even black 'n' roll have never ceased to exist throughout the last two decades and I'm telling you straight away, Ahvawe are just that. No over the top orchestrations or overwrought pseudo-poetic lyricism are to be found here, just the band shifting between a couple of thrashing riffs and basic beats. The track lives up to its title; "Black Speed Rock 'n' Rollers" as there are visible traits of Venom and even Motörhead influences.

The guitars work fine in the track albeit they are regurgitating the same ideas that were used in the late 80's and I would like a little bit of innovation. The band however seems to have ruled out such a possibility, just a quick look at their song titles might give you a glimpse or even the whole picture of the band in the span of a few seconds. The rhythm section as you will have probably guessed by now, only follows the guitars through the five and a half minutes of the track and once again offers nothing fresh to the listener. The vocals are heavily influenced by the first wave of black metal and more specifically by bands like Venom, Hellhammer and Celtic Frost. I enjoy that quite much to be honest even if the lyrics are just about the genre that they're playing, the life that they're living and more importantly to send the following message via the chorus; "Posers beware!".

Dealing with a track that lasts for less than 6 minutes does not leave room for a long and detailed review if we also take into consideration the fact that they chose this specific sub-genre of metal. I do enjoy the track for as long as it plays, but I don't feel any urge to return to it soon. If anything, Ahvawe did a really decent job on this one and the Mexican lot has potential, but it just isn't my cup of tea.

Favorite track(s): Well it's only one track but what the hell... I do like it after all.

55/100.