© 2002-2021

Generic slam but mixed feelings. - 75%

666_Pathological_Metalhead_666, November 23rd, 2016
Written based on this version: 2014, CD, Rising Nemesis Records

Okay, so I know that in the fucking title I put that it's generic slam but I do enjoy this band and the shit they put out. This band is what you get when you take the Funderud Twins from Kraanium and Fermented Masturbation, add some Abominable Putridity, and Epicardiectomy and they have a slam gangbang and you get this damn band. Now don't get me wrong this album and this band are fucking great but they took all the sterotypes of slam and deathcore and basically just came out with this album. However this slam album is definitely a lot more tolerable than say a band like Slamophiliac.

To be fair however there are some pretty decent tracks on this album like the opening track, but for the most part this album can get pretty boring at times with the same china cymbal & double bass bullshit (Mostly because it's really just another slam album with the same slam elements). But they did do a good job of experimenting by adding some hardcore elements throughout the songs, I was even surprised to be honest, normally you don't see brutal death metal and slam death metal bands doing shit like that. Furthermore this album tends to have spinesnapping breakdowns, what I mean by that is they took a normal deathcore breakdown and added more brutal shit.

What really makes me happy about this release is they don't add fucking samples in their songs like every other goddamn slam band does, like seriously I can't even begin to describe how annoying samples are in slam death metal, every once in a while is fine but a minute long sample is too much! But I'm getting off topic. Now as far as lyrics go, don't expect to be able to understand them obviously as we all know brutal death metal and slam death metal bands tend to have indecipherable lyrics, then again the song Expulsed to the Worthless is the only track with lyrics.

Now is this album even worth picking up? Yes because despite all the mediocre bull shit that's on this album it is still a very excellent release. But I'll let you be the judge, don't take my word for it.