Tlak, Don't mind if I do! - 91%

overkill666, September 18th, 2008

As far as the LLN goes, I wouldn't spend much time looking into bands who took part in it. Though, there are a few gems to be found amongst handful of extremely raw and pointless projects. Aäkon Këëtrëh is one of the best members of the LLN, and this guitar-based ambient is simply amazing.

Aäkon Këëtrëh is in fact a guitar only project. There are no vocals, no drums, etc. I haven't heard a band like this in my life, and for being so simple the music is amazing. If you're looking for some shred guitar work, fancy solos or a FULL band, this project isn't for you. Hell, if you aren't even remotely into dark ambient or black metal this project will be a big disappointment to you.

The guitar is really the only thing you can 'review' for this project. The riffs are melancholic and dreary for the most part. While listening to this material, I'm able to stay focused and remain entertained. There's not a whole lot of speed to the album, so the black metal influence comes in the 'kvlt' variety. Though, this is the good kind of 'kvlt' I don't mind sitting down to hear. Lord Aäkon Këëtrëh does show a great deal of musical knowledge when hearing the layered guitar tracks. There is a monotonous, sort of melodic sound to some of the tracks. The guitar tone and production give the music some justice as well. It sounds very underground, and very pleasing.

The dark ambient genre really hadn't caught my attention very much before I heard this project, and Moëvöt (Which is another LLN dark ambient project). I prefer these types of dark ambient over the newer wave of the genre. Aäkon Këëtrëh is a very interesting project, to say the least. If you can find any material from this band, I'd advise you to give it a spin.