Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Catachthonian
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:56 am 

Hmm, it's strange, because Kursk is pronounced here just like it's written.

On topic: America needs to understand that surrounding our country with its military forces, thus "isolating" us from the rest of the world, certainly isn't the best way to lead negotiations. It's like when you're surrounded by a gang and kindly asked to give them all your money and belongings under threat of being beaten to death. :|

Cold war mentality has long since expired.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 11:46 am 

I agree. This is a show of force. I could understand if Russia has shown to be hostile towards us, thus giving a justifiable cause to build a missile defense system. However, that has not happened and we really have no reason to build one there. I wish they'd abandon the plans for it and get the hell out.

Gorgo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 1:08 pm 

True, really, I don't think there is a single country stupid enough to bomb America.

http://www.myspace.com/onrust1
"Acoustic music"

The_Count
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:40 pm 

source wrote:
Russia is thinking of aiming nuclear weapons at western Europe for the first time since the end of the cold war, according to defence sources in Moscow.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 322468.ece

NATO needs to be rebuilt from the bottom up. Sabre rattling or not I do not trust ruskies.

Balth
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:52 am 

The_Count wrote:
source wrote:
Russia is thinking of aiming nuclear weapons at western Europe for the first time since the end of the cold war, according to defence sources in Moscow.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/w ... 322468.ece

Yes, that's what the past few posts have been discussing. I have a feeling that article is rather biased, as it seems to portray Russia as the agressor (what with the evil-looking photo of Medvedev :lol:), when in reality the US are the blatant agressors in this stand-off. The US's increasing hostility towards Russia, simply because of Russia's relative self-reliance and resistance to American political influence unlike the rest of Europe who have gladly let themselves become the US's bitches, makes me trust American intentions less and less. I now view the US more than ever as an aggressive force intent on global control. To be honest, I admire Russia for taking a hardline stance against America's political invasion of Europe, and not bowing to American demands like weak little pawns (like most of Europe has).

Imperator1921
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:21 am 

I'm from Poland and the problem of the missile defense concerns me directly. The point is that the majority of Poles doesn't want this stuff on our lands but our retarded government that is supposed to represent the will of the society doesn't give a damn and refuse to conduct a referendum concerning this issue.

I'm constantly beginning to feel sick and tired of American expansion in Europe. I don't wanna offend Americans but c'mon who needs some fucking missile defense? It wouldn't protect a single town in case of a major conflict. Russia got more nuclear warheads than American computers can even attempt to spot and shut down if launched simultaneously. We should live in peace, improve our economy n shit instead of making conflicts. American government is stirring up hostility which is bad and unnecessary. I'm sure that Bush would be very unhappy if Russia decided to put some heavy shit in Mexico or Cuba, wouldn't he?

Bezerko
Vladimir Poopin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:57 am 

Imperator1921 wrote:
I'm from Poland and the problem of the missile defense concerns me directly. The point is that the majority of Poles doesn't want this stuff on our lands but our retarded government that is supposed to represent the will of the society doesn't give a damn and refuse to conduct a referendum concerning this issue.

I'm constantly beginning to feel sick and tired of American expansion in Europe. I don't wanna offend Americans but c'mon who needs some fucking missile defense? It wouldn't protect a single town in case of a major conflict. Russia got more nuclear warheads than American computers can even attempt to spot and shut down if launched simultaneously. We should live in peace, improve our economy n shit instead of making conflicts. American government is stirring up hostility which is bad and unnecessary. I'm sure that Bush would be very unhappy if Russia decided to put some heavy shit in Mexico or Cuba, wouldn't he?

You've got to remember that the shield is a defensive installation, if the Russians stuck nukes on Cuba (again), that's a direct threat to the United States and it's people. If Russia wasn't so paranoid they'd be fine with the shield, how is it harming them in any way? Quite obviously they still have animosity towards the U.S and Western Europe. Let's look at the facts, the United States looks to establish a defense system in Europe to protect cities from Nuclear (or any missile really) attacks, so the Russians threaten to point their nukes at Europe. Who's the real aggressor here?

Gorgo
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:29 am 

But Russia isen't that stupid to stock rockets on Cuba. And it is harming them in the way that America increases their influence in Eastern Europe. Really, Russia has a very big influence on most of the Eastern European countries and it is pritty normal that a country doesn't want to lose influence, especially to their nemesis.

Also, most people in Europe see Americans as a bunch of conservative catholics that fuck up the world. And yes I know, a lot of Americans aren't that way, but that doesn't change the fact that we see them like that.

http://www.myspace.com/onrust1
"Acoustic music"

Imperator1921
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:36 am 

Bezerko wrote:
You've got to remember that the shield is a defensive installation, if the Russians stuck nukes on Cuba (again), that's a direct threat to the United States and it's people. If Russia wasn't so paranoid they'd be fine with the shield, how is it harming them in any way? Quite obviously they still have animosity towards the U.S and Western Europe. Let's look at the facts, the United States looks to establish a defense system in Europe to protect cities from Nuclear (or any missile really) attacks, so the Russians threaten to point their nukes at Europe. Who's the real aggressor here?

Intentions of the USA aren't as clear as you think. They made so much mess recently (vide Iraq) that they cannot be entirely trusted (I mean the gov). The whole 9/11 thing is just a bunch of lies that was supposed to give the US gov an excuse to pursue their imperialistic policy. Letting Americans establish their military shit in Europe would be like giving away our freedom to a new master which is unacceptable. Europe has to decide for itself without American or Russian influence. And the whole nuclear defense argument doesn't convince me at all... Like everyone wants to blow our assess with nuclear warheads. C'mon, last thing we need now is new Cold War. American policy is strictly military which only stirrs up unecessary tribulation and uncertainty. We need peace, not new arms race. In almost all major wars it was Europe that suffered the most. And I bet it would be the same now... And the point is the conflict concerns the USA and Russia but not Europe. Why do we have to pay the price for the stupidity of both conflicted countries? Most of Europe is free from bloodshed for the first time in the entire history of the human race. Why destroy it?

Oh, one more thing. The defensive facility we're talking about ain't just a building that destroys any nuclear missiles flying around. It's also meant to extend American power in Europe. Just imagine what kind of crap they can put in their base. They can literally probe and monitor the entire Central and Eastern Europe with this kind of shit.

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1, 2