* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
asmox
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:17 pm 

Get the following when I try to submit a given review -

Code:
Parse error: syntax error, unexpected '}' in /home/morrigan/public_html/newreview.php on line 96

I haven't seen this particular error before, so I'm curious if it's just me or if it's widespread.

Thanks.

Nightgaunt
I'll Swallow Your Soul

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 11:54 pm 

That's not a new error, though it hasn't been seen in some time. If you encounter it, the best thing to do is wait for a while and then try again. If you continually encounter the error after long periods of waiting, you can ask a mod if your submissions are actually getting through (I checked, and at current there is nothing with your name in the queue).

I'll just take this opportunity to point out (for the new blood) that this is yet another reason to always back up your review somewhere.
The bizarre lattices were all around. Sticks and bits of board nailed together in fantastic array. It should've been ridiculous. Instead it seemed oddly sinister--these inexplicable lattices spread through a wilderness bearing little evidence that man had ever passed through...

Bloodstone
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:53 am 

I'm getting that error just by clicking on the "Write a review" link and it's been that way for several hours now. Ah well, guess I'll try again later.

asmox
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:39 am 

Bloodstone wrote:
I'm getting that error just by clicking on the "Write a review" link and it's been that way for several hours now. Ah well, guess I'll try again later.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Not when I actually submit a review, but when I go to make the attempt by clicking the appropriate link on the album's page.

I doubt that makes any kind of difference, but just for clarification...

Human666
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:48 am 

It also happens for me

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:41 pm 

My sincere apologies. I have no idea what happened. See this post:
http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... 739#504739
The same thing happened in a row. I grabbed the PHP file from the server to add one tiny guideline (about proper capitalisation) and re-uploaded it, and didn't bother checking if the page appeared correctly because the modification was so minor. But now I just checked and lo and behold, to my great annoyance, the first few lines of the file were missing this time again, resulting in the error you saw.

It's fixed now, and I'll try to be vigilant of any modification, however tiny, in the future. I have no idea why the file got truncated, probably some glitch in the FTP transfer (HellBlazer had weird glitches with the FTP yesterday too). :scratch:

Reply to topic