Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:16 pm 

parasite_lost wrote:
http://www.elskrin.net/website/reviews.asp?IDalbum=1210&tipo=1

if you can read it, submit it. :)

Italian Black Metal band, rather slow and misanthropic and bad vocals ;) so you can add it

[email protected] if you want to contact the man behind the band;) to ask more info

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:52 pm 

What's with the LLN "projects" being on here? Vladre, Chaos and Necro Paris Catacombes? The only release that have is a 'split' with five bands involved and that's over the split limit. Shouldn't those three bands be removed since the only release they have would be considered a V/A compilation?

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:59 pm 

i asked on here before submitting them and was told it was fine because it can be considered a 5-way split.

i personally think its useful to have their info here as i have seen NPC mentioned in LLN forum discussions which is usually followed by "who the hell are necro paris catacombes?".

MaleficDevilry
Anointer of the Sick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:55 pm 

parasite_lost wrote:
i asked on here before submitting them and was told it was fine because it can be considered a 5-way split.

i personally think its useful to have their info here as i have seen NPC mentioned in LLN forum discussions which is usually followed by "who the hell are necro paris catacombes?".

Makes sense. I didn't know there was a split until it was here, I used to see the random tracks when I used to download. I wonder if this split will be part of Tragic Empires reissue of LLN material.

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:46 pm 

i would presume not as it isn't very well known. if you want to hear it, the whole thing can be downloaded from the link on those project pages.

PiotrB
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:26 pm 

"Sorry Piotr_Bojka, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Ordo Tyrannis (United States of America), for the following reason:

Not metal; does not belong.

Sincerely,
Encyclopaedia Metallum "

http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=59432

:|

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:34 pm 

Piotr_Bojka wrote:
"Sorry Piotr_Bojka, Encyclopaedia Metallum was forced to reject your submission for the band Ordo Tyrannis (United States of America), for the following reason:

Sincerely,
Encyclopaedia Metallum "

Stop whining.... for once

This band is plainly metal...

I don't know why it was previously rejected but there was no reason

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 2:45 pm 

Piotr_Bojka wrote:

Sincerely,
Encyclopaedia Metallum "

You didn't mention in your submission, that the members are involved in metal bands, to me the band sounds like pure industrial, so you have to take into account the side project rule. You are starting to get annoying lately, a lot of the bands you've submitted would not be listed, if it was not for the side project rule alone.

parasite_lost
Mobile Oppression Palace

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:45 am 

http://www.floodtheearth.com/mp3.html

i listened to the 2 mp3s here and though they were very industrial, they seemed metal enough (if that make sense).

but change the genre to just industrial, or delete them from the archives competly if you disagree but in my opinion it was very black metal based industrial metal.

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:48 am 

It seems that Gallery of Suicide does not have any discography, but they are here. Is it an exception because more or less famous metal musicians are in it?

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:07 am 

DeathForBlitzkrieg wrote:
It seems that Gallery of Suicide does not have any discography, but they are here. Is it an exception because more or less famous metal musicians are in it?

if it has no discography, it must be deleted (even if it involves famous musicians"

Ex: Satanel (Nor) or Eibon : famous musicians, no discography

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:21 am 

christkiller wrote:

if it has no discography, it must be deleted (even if it involves famous musicians"

That's what I thought. In the one link matelko provided, no release are mentioned and if you enter gallery of suicide in google you get only information on the Cannibal Corpse album...

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 8:26 am 

christkiller wrote:

That's what I thought. In the one link matelko provided, no release are mentioned and if you enter gallery of suicide in google you get only information on the Cannibal Corpse album...

Nuked.. I have checked different websites and none have info about the band's discography

If they have released something, someone will resubmit the band :)

vacca
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 8:35 am 

Does someone know if Cosmic Sphere have released anything? At least it seems that they haven't. Their website is down and all the information I found indicated that they have no discography.

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:34 pm 

vacca wrote:
Does someone know if Cosmic Sphere have released anything? At least it seems that they haven't. Their website is down and all the information I found indicated that they have no discography.

Look, what I have found: Here's an interview with the drummer from 2003, and he says, "Until now I think we have written like 4 or 5 songs for the upcoming album". So I think they have released something, but couldn't find any more information...

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:37 pm 

vacca wrote:

Look, what I have found: Here's an interview with the drummer from 2003, and he says, "Until now I think we have written like 4 or 5 songs for the upcoming album". So I think they have released something, but couldn't find any more information...

Upcoming album OK but main question: was it released?? (or did the band ceased to exist before?)

DeathForBlitzkrieg
A Dead Man's Robe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:48 pm 

christkiller wrote:
vacca wrote:

Upcoming album OK but main question: was it released?? (or did the band ceased to exist before?)

Hmm, I guess it's very unlikely that an album was released and there's no information about it on the internet.

Crossover
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:36 pm 

ive got a quastion here, i think i saw somewhere Concrete Sox was previously rejected although im currently listeining to the CD Whoops Sorry Vicar and if this isnt thrash metal than what is? Heavy distortion, clear destinct thrash riffs, screaming solos, double bass of course it would be crossover for obviously the punk influence but this stuff is not only metal its damn good so if i could get this cleared up and maybe be able to add them.

maybe the mod who rejected had only heard other stuff by them??? thanks

Last edited by Crossover on Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:42 pm 

Post some mp3s.

Crossover
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:51 pm 

There not that obscure of a band im sure other peopel can validate that this is a thrash metal cd. I cant find mp3s newhere.

this link is very good in verifying this:
http://www.earache.com/bands/concrete_s ... e_sox.html

Quote:
Nottingham Hardcore Thrash Metal act CONCRETE SOX originally started out as a straight Political Punk band in 1982, but musically evolved with the metalcore explosion of the mid 80's to combine Slayer/ Trouble influenced riffs, but still with hard hitting politically relevant lyrics, concentrating mainly on the hot new topic of the day- Animal Rights.

Crossover
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 4:56 pm 

sry i prob should have put this in the rejected thread

Evenfiel
Heavy Metal Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:09 pm 

Yeah, the band is in the reject list cause it' supposedly a hardcore band. Let's wait and see if a mod has something to say about that.

khronos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:47 am 

Velvet Cacoon - I really don't know what's the thing about this band. Do they not qualify as a joke band?

I just read a lot of stuff about them in the last couple of days, and apparently they basically pranked (and pranking) everyone. Made-up releases, made-up members, kvlt-stories, stupid interviews, a lot of garbage.

I don't know if one the releases is (black) metal, but I assume so, because, well, they got accepted at one point.

And now, their "band photo" looks like some sort of a photo shooting for a hair-care or deodorant commercial. What the fuck?

Isn't that all fake?

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:57 am 

khronos wrote:
Velvet Cacoon - I really don't know what's the thing about this band. Do they not qualify as a joke band?

I just read a lot of stuff about them in the last couple of days, and apparently they basically pranked (and pranking) everyone. Made-up releases, made-up members, kvlt-stories, stupid interviews, a lot of garbage.

I don't know if one the releases is (black) metal, but I assume so, because, well, they got accepted at one point.

And now, their "band photo" looks like some sort of a photo shooting for a hair-care or deodorant commercial. What the fuck?

Isn't that all fake?

I added this new photo lol

read the end of the notes

Apparently they have taken a new musical direction and someone provided this photo through a report

vacca
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:18 am 

christkiller wrote:
vacca wrote:

Hmm, I guess it's very unlikely that an album was released and there's no information about it on the internet.

I found the same interview. He just mentioned about the upcoming album, nothing indicated that they would have released a demo earlier or that the album has been released. Maybe the band ceased to exist before releasing anything. The bassist Tapio Oksanen plays also in Born of Thorns and Cosmic Sphere isn't mentioned in the "Other bands" part of his profile at the BoT site. Of course I can mail him and ask about this...

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:02 am 

vacca wrote:
christkiller wrote:
vacca wrote:

I found the same interview. He just mentioned about the upcoming album, nothing indicated that they would have released a demo earlier or that the album has been released. Maybe the band ceased to exist before releasing anything. The bassist Tapio Oksanen plays also in Born of Thorns and Cosmic Sphere isn't mentioned in the "Other bands" part of his profile at the BoT site. Of course I can mail him and ask about this...

You can do that, yes :nods:

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:27 am 

I have removed Kaos from San Diego, according to metalpage.de it is commercial hard rock.

Schnuckeligster Industriekarton, dicker und größer wie er nicht sein kann, ein schönes Text-Inlay und ein privater als privat aussehendes Coverartwork locken den geneigten sammelwütigen Vinyljunkie, der täglich Metal-Treasures besucht, bei Sichtung dieser Scheibe die Geldbörse zu ziehen. Die Jungs machen auf den Fotos echt was daher, solche Drumsticks hatte nicht mal Dave Lombardo zu Glanzzeiten. Erschienen auf Pop Records im Jahr 1982 (eingespielt 1981) legt man die Scheibe nicht mit den größten Erwartungen auf genau den Plattenspieler, den man Jahre zuvor auf einem Flohmarkt in der Eiseskälte des Winters 1985 gekauft hat und drückt die Daumen, dass die Knete für den nächsten Kick nicht umsonst war. Jo, die Knete war nicht ganz umsonst aber der Deal hätte besser aussehen können: 5 Glühwein, der schöne holzfarbene Plattenspieler und die KAOS-Scheibe (im wahrsten Sinne des Wortes) wären ein gutes Geschäft gewesen. Die Scheibe bietet Hard-Rock-, Mainstream-, ja auch Metal-Elemente, aber zumindest zwei einigermassen gute Songs. „Backstabber“ und „Agent Killers“ sind wirklich anhörbare Stücke. Eine 7“ hätte es genauso getan. Immer am Rande zum totalen Kommerz und mit mädchenhaft süßem Gesang darf man sich vom Bandimage nicht täuschen lassen. Der Knaller ist jedoch die Coverversion von „Jailhouse Rock “, da erwacht der Leichtathlet in euch! 10 Meter Sprint durch die Vinylberge um den Schallplattenspieler schnellstmöglich von der Stromversorgung zu trennen, das ist mal schlecht, sowas geht nun wirklich nicht. Auch wenn es 20 Jahre alt ist. Als Fazit bleibt: Kauft euch eine Flasche Weihnachtsbier, trinkt diese genüsslich aus und geht bei „Jailhouse Rock“ in die Küche (oder aufs Klo...) um euer qualitatives Fazit zu ziehen. Sonst geht auf dem nächsten Flohmarkt bald wieder die Suche nach einem geeigneten Plattenspieler los. So, genug Larifari geschrieben, die Platte ist für alle Sammelsuchtseuchenkranken hier bei Gelegenheit eine Anschaffung wert und das Tolle ist, dass sie sehr rar und fast nicht zu einem vernünftigen Preis aufzutreiben ist. (Ist das wirklich toll?)
(Peter Daub)
Written / Updated: 2003-10-24

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:32 am 

Damn

Sadomatic_slaughter always changes band genres to add them

i'm fed up with him .. he will soon cry for his lost points ...

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Sun Mar 12, 2006 9:15 am 

I deleted the band "Zhurgal Dukhiatz"

One of the members reported the band saying "the band never recorded any demo"

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 10:37 am 

I had to delete Nauseant - it was accepted by my mistake, since rockdetector listed the demo as being already out.

According to their homepage submitted by a user it will be out first in April 2006.

vacca
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:43 am 

christkiller wrote:
vacca wrote:
christkiller wrote:
vacca wrote:

You can do that, yes :nods:

Well, I did that. Tapio answered that the band is on ice at the moment and that they never released anything official, only a few sample songs were made and put to their website. Case closed. Bye bye, Cosmic Sphere!

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:47 am 

Cosmic Sphere nuked :(

Radagast
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:10 pm 

Bullet For My Valentine were in the Archives for a while weren't they? :D It wasn't just a horrible nightmare? At least there was a happy ending.

khronos
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:01 pm 

Hm, I don't really know their stuff, but weren't they acceptet at some point because their first EP is Heavy Metal/Metalcore?

Funeral_Shadow
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:25 am 

I made a topic about this and I'm curious to know how and why Tomahawk (US) is metal in any sense. Avant-garde rock yes... experimental metal?! Hell no!

Check out the official myspace: www.myspace.com/tomahawk

Now if that's metal in any sense then shot me because I cannot sense an inch of metal in the music. If anything, being it's a side project, it should be labeled as avant-garde rock or something like that...

On a different note, I recently downloaded a Deathstars album and was wondering why they're not on the archives if such bands like The Kovenant, T3chn0ph0b1a and other techno/industrial metal bands are on the site... just a hunch.

My eBay page which usually has rare OOP metal shirts and CD's: Click Here

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:43 am 

Funeral_Shadow wrote:
On a different note, I recently downloaded a Deathstars album and was wondering why they're not on the archives if such bands like The Kovenant, T3chn0ph0b1a and other techno/industrial metal bands are on the site... just a hunch.

Deathstars were already discussed among the stuff and the decision was not to include them, even the administarators did take part in that discussion. They are too much industrial rock to be included.

As for T3chn0ph0b1a, you have to read through the whole thread before asking qustions, they were already discussed here.
Interesting, a band you have submitted, and you present it here in a very dubious position.

If it was up to me, I would delete them with pleasure.
But I have to respect the opinion of others, that they are more metal in sound than Deathstars.

http://www.metal-archives.com/board/vie ... &start=160

Christkiller wrote:
"Got a nice report from ProjectHateDCLXVI for the band

"T3chn0ph0b1a"

uhhh ok you don't let deathstars on metal archives but you let this shit on.. wtf!!!!????
T3chn0ph0b1a is less metal then slipknot, and as for the black metal part of it..... if you consider nasal kovenant shrieks BM vocals so be it.... but this band IS NOT METAL!!!!!
please remove them from M.A.

I'm not familiar with them and as Funeral_Shadow added them I had better not criticize or he will once again whine and say that I hate him"

You should be careful with things you're asking for... :grin:

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:13 pm 

Vampyro? It was several times said that it is more Noise than (Black) Metal ??

:ugh:

Witcher
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:22 pm 

christkiller wrote:

Damn, I was trusting parasite lost maybe a too much, since he's an experienced user, who does not submit shit normally (the songsamples on their page were not working for me). I guess you can delete it, or we can ask parasite, why he thinks they belong so much. If we delete it, we should put it on the rejected list for sure to avoid future problems like this.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:35 pm 

Witcher wrote:
christkiller wrote:

Damn, I was trusting parasite lost maybe a too much, since he's an experienced user, who does not submit shit normally (the songsamples on their page were not working for me). I guess you can delete it, or we can ask parasite, why he thinks they belong so much. If we delete it, we should put it on the rejected list for sure to avoid future problems like this.

Maybe i'm wrong but I remember the band stayed in the queue 2 months at a moment. I did not dare accepting it because I remember reading somewhere it was NOISE. I'll try to find reviews.

christkiller
Black Metal Elite

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:44 pm 

It is here described as avant-garde Black metal

http://metalhordes.com/forum/member.php?u=1608

I wish I could hear some mp3 :ugh:

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 126  Next