Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:54 pm 

Holy crap, CD Projekt Red apparently showed off a bunch of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay for journalists at E3. Clearly still very early days, but fuckin' hell, ACTUAL GAMEPLAY! And it sounds cool as fuck. Plus the new cinematic trailer they showed off has me salivating.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:30 am 

failsafeman wrote:
Holy crap, CD Projekt Red apparently showed off a bunch of Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay for journalists at E3. Clearly still very early days, but fuckin' hell, ACTUAL GAMEPLAY! And it sounds cool as fuck. Plus the new cinematic trailer they showed off has me salivating.

lol
https://twitter.com/GreatDismal/status/ ... 7654351872

Looks fucking awful so far to me: https://imgur.com/a/BYV5Jhe
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 12:48 am 

While the Remember Me artwork is indeed baller and I don't even actually care about that game at all... nothing says "credible" like an image macro/meme with the word "cuck" in it, and a hot take from a 70 year old overrated author (I'll give him that, he at least knows what GTA is). GG darkeningday

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:37 am 

You cannot possibly think "cuck" was meant in earnest there.

Given that Mike Pondsmith copied William Gibson's novels and world bordering on contravening copyright laws for Cyberpunk 2020, I think his opinion isn't just valid, it's essential. But what was most impressive is that he agreed with another user that CP2077 looked like a free mod for GTA! He knows what a mod is!
Please donate to a local abortion fund of your choice here instead of high-profile national organizations like NARAL or Planned Parenthood. If you're unsure where to distribute funds, select an abortion trigger law state; any organization will do.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:38 pm 

Nah, it was a shitty hot take by an old fart that doesn't know shit about video games. Sorry man, he's just wrong.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:11 pm 

True, you'd need intimate knowledge of video games to tweet a valid reaction to a trailer that showcases exactly 0.00 seconds of gameplay.

Chill. The guy who Pondsmith ripped off down to a molecular level thinks the aesthetic of the game is shitty, and I genuinely have difficulty comprehending how anyone who actually likes cyberpunk could feel differently. Seriously, the logo is literally the best part. It could still potentially have good gameplay, but given that CDP-R have never made a game with good gameplay, I wouldn't exactly start counting my chickens.

Most intriguing part to me is that it will apparently have gay romances which should thoroughly piss off most of their Slavic base :lol:.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 4:52 pm 

No gameplay, no, but it was still an aesthetically fantastic trailer.

I dunno though. I'm not DD, so everything I find cool is actually stupid.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:49 pm 

2 Fast 2 Surgerous:

Looks like a majorly improved combat system and it's not set 100% in a fucking warehouse, thank gods. I hope it has a few more wRPG elements though.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:47 am 

So the Playstation parts of E3 were kind of incredible. Ghost of Tsushima, Spiderman, Death Stranding, Resident Evil 2, and The Last of Us 2? Nothing short of total mastery. What did Nintendo and Microsoft have in comparison? Smash and Halo?

I will say that I'm wary of getting too hyped for TLoU 2, though. That gameplay seems too good and fluid to be true.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:35 am 

Have you played TLoU1? The trailer they showed was mayyyybe a little "scripted", in that the player knew exactly what to do and where to go to get those cool "cinematic" moments, but it was still pretty accurate gameplay. I suspect they did the same kind of thing in the footage for 2. How much is scripted and how much is as-is remains to be seen, I suppose, but the game will likely be good regardless, since the first one was excellent.

And how can you not name Nioh 2 and Sekiro :fuck:

You're right though, MS ain't got much. Gears 5 and Ori 2 look good, but that can't compare to Sekiro and TLoU2 for me.

Here's my E3 "list", basically games they showed that I want (not all of them were new reveals, but still):

- Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
- Nioh 2
- The Last of Us 2
- Ghost of Tsushima
- Octopath Traveler
- Assassin's Creed Odyssey
- Wolfenstein: Youngblood
- Gears 5
- Ori and the Blind Forest 2 (still need to play 1... :oh shit: )

Big maybe:
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 - wild departure from the original so we'll see how it goes. Glad that it exists, at least.
- Resident Evil 2 - not sure, not a remake I was particularly craving but it looks cool I guess.
- Cyberpunk - needs to show gameplay footage because that CG trailer left me completely cold. Setting is lackluster for me (not a huge cyberpunk fan, and what they showed wasn't very appealing in terms of aesthetic or atmosphere), and combat will probably suck. But first-person + ranged combat might be bearable, and the RPG choices should be good. On paper it has the same issues as Fallout New Vegas and I ended up really liking it, so who knows. (Of course, I literally paid $2 for it, which helps... xD)
- Babylon's Fall - that was one that immediately intrigued me, with its Matsuno-like (FFTactics, Tactics Ogre) presentation... but no gameplay shown and it's fucking Platinum, boooooo. :thumbsdown:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:12 am 

Is there any way Ghost of Sashimi is really going to have foliage/physics that look as amazing as the E3 demo did? Because I can't even fathom how that could work on current-gen hardware...

Jonpo
Hyperc6l6mb6wler

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:47 am 

It could look like Bushido Blade for all I care, as long as the gameplay and mechanics are tight. That swordplay looks so fun.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 4:39 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Is there any way Ghost of Sashimi is really going to have foliage/physics that look as amazing as the E3 demo did? Because I can't even fathom how that could work on current-gen hardware...

...Have you not seen Horizon Zero Dawn?

And Ghost of Sashimi, really? :rolleyes:

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:01 pm 

mmm, Sashimi... That game does look delicious, and I just watched the trailer of Sekiro for the first time, holy samurais batman! I really hope we get at least a couple months in between these releases. It's already a problem that RDR2 comes out just a couple weeks before Fallout, way more excited about RDR2 though.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:18 pm 

darkeningday wrote:

Are you kidding me? Literally every other shot in the entire trailer shows a giant futuristic city, and you focus on the one that isn't? Sometimes I can't tell whether you're a bad troll or really just that stupid.

And I'd take William Gibson's opinion more seriously if he'd written a good book in the last 20 years.

OzzyApu
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:23 pm 

Getting sick of DD's crusade against CDP(R). Always brings up what he doesn't like about them. We get it, dude. No one is with you.
Yesterday was the birthday of school pal and I met the chick of my sigh (I've talked about here before, the she-wolf I use to be inlove with)... Maaan she was using a mini-skirt too damn insane... Dude you could saw her entire soul every time she sit...

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:27 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
I'd take William Gibson's opinion more seriously if he'd written a good book

Fixed

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:29 pm 

Man I KNEW you were gonna do that

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:29 pm 

:D

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 6:52 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
darkeningday wrote:

Are you kidding me? Literally every other shot in the entire trailer shows a giant futuristic city, and you focus on the one that isn't? Sometimes I can't tell whether you're a bad troll or really just that stupid.

Sure, that was the worst part, but everything else looked generic and terrible, especially the art style where every character looks like an action figure. Why is the city mostly bathed in LA's sunburnt orange? Ooo look, an Indian in a Sikh turban driving a taxi! And a pool table in a seedy bar being leaned on by a guy in tilted cowboy hat! And a training facility for boxing where a character... trains for boxing!

They're given the keys to create the most imaginative cyberpunk-inspired world ever and this is what they come up with? GTA with a kooky sci-fi twist? Fucking seriously? C'mon, admit it: the best part of that trailer was the logo.

failsafeman wrote:
And I'd take William Gibson's opinion more seriously if he'd written a good book in the last 20 years.

Have you played or at least read much of Cyberpunk 2020 though?
OzzyApu wrote:
Getting sick of DD's crusade against CDP(R). Always brings up what he doesn't like about them. We get it, dude. No one is with you.

I love CDP-R. Just not their worthless turd of a third game, where they decided appealing to fat American tweenage boys was way more important than making an even remotely competent game. Still hoping for the best for CP2077, but that trailer didn't exactly inspire confidence in me.

Sort of related, romances in CP2077 explained. Favorite quote,
Quote:
Forewarning too, there is tons of nudity in the game. The very first sequence was full frontal, which honestly added an entirely new level of realism to the story - not shying away from pretty much anything keeps the player engaged with what's going on.

:lol:

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 7:49 pm 

So I got Pokémon Y yesterday. I had been hesitating to buy a gen 6 game since I've seen many people online claiming XY to be the weakest pokémon games out there, but so far it seems fine? I've only beaten the first gym so far, but I don't think there's anything wrong with the game thus far. I must say, though, never have I had such an easy time picking a starter than in this game. I picked Froakie immediately, considering that means I get Greninja later. The other two were so unappealing. The final evolution of Chespin looks cool, though. Also, I didnt' expect to be able to pick one of the Kanto starters, and early to boot, how cool! I picked Charmander, considering I already had Froakie in my party. Otherwise I'd have gone of Squirtle. My party atm is:

Frogadier
Charmeleon
Pikachu
Riolu
Snorlax (just caught him, replaced Fletchling for him)
Ralts

Let's see if any of these gets replaced later on in the journey. I onyl have Pikachu in my party because he's the first electric type I caught in this game and I love electric type attacks. Please don't spoil me, btw. I like discovering Pokémon and which ones are better and suit me better on my own. Notice I didn't even know you could pick a Kanto starter rather early in the game? And when I was playing Omega Ruby I was delighted you could also pick 1 starter of gen 2, 4 and 5 later in the game. That's pretty cool of Nintendo, cuz it makes it easier for people to fill in their Pokédexes. In ORAS I still have a lot of pokés to catch since there's plenty of pokés of other gens/regions that you can only find with the DexNav. Those kind of surprises might not seem big, but they bring a smile to my face. Also, I have zero interest in playing Pokémon competitively so I don't care about their natures. I play Pokémon for the journey and catching and leveling up Pokémon. Seeing them growing from level 5 cute animals into level 50+ beasts is pretty cool.

I swore I was gonna play Sun after being pretty much done with Omega Ruby, but oh well, gonna play Y first.

Btw, Nintendo should have told us already what's gonna happen to the Pokémon bank. My license expires in less than a month, and I'm thinking whether I should pay for another full year of it or not. Is the app gonna be released for the Switch or not? because if Nintendo made that shit and then abandoned it... wow, people should riot.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:58 pm 

X&Y are perfectly fine Pokemon games, but they have a few nagging little issues that grate on you after a while.

- There's no jackass rival, or even any serious rival. Just those doofy kids from the neighborhood.
- The plot, while still good and with a few excellent moments, is a step down from B/W, though definitely better than B2/W2.
- The game is way too easy with the Exp. Share on, and way too grindy with it turned off. Poor balancing in that regard.
- None of the gym leaders are all that memorable. They're not terrible, but you'll never remember them.
- Too many handouts. You get a free Kanto starter, a free Lucario, and a free Lapras. Gee, it's not like I wanted a challenge or anything...
- Too on-rails. If you thought you could go explorin', you thought wrong.

Luckily, Sun and Moon improved all those aspects...except the railroading, though that's in service of a plot that is way, way better than Pokemon has ever had before. And then Ultra Sun/Moon fucked it up. So what I'm trying to say is: Black/White, Sun/Moon, and Gold/Silver are my favorite games in the series. X/Y is good, but it should've strived to be great. :V

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:40 pm 

darkeningday wrote:
Sure, that was the worst part, but everything else looked generic and terrible, especially the art style where every character looks like an action figure. Why is the city mostly bathed in LA's sunburnt orange? Ooo look, an Indian in a Sikh turban driving a taxi! And a pool table in a seedy bar being leaned on by a guy in tilted cowboy hat! And a training facility for boxing where a character... trains for boxing!

Generic and terrible? Yeah, I've seen robot cowboys and boxers punching robots in tons of games. Also if you knew more about Cyberpunk and its various versions, you'd know why every character looking like an action figure is actually incredibly appropriate.

darkeningday wrote:
They're given the keys to create the most imaginative cyberpunk-inspired world ever and this is what they come up with? GTA with a kooky sci-fi twist? Fucking seriously? C'mon, admit it: the best part of that trailer was the logo.

GTA with a kooky sci-fi twist sounds amazing, actually. Bring it on!

darkeningday wrote:
Have you played or at least read much of Cyberpunk 2020 though?

Never actually played, but I own a good chunk of the books and have read them. 2077 isn't as "sunglasses & trenchcoats" as 2020 was, but every version of Cyberpunk has been aesthetically different from the last, and this one is no exception. Cyberpunk 2020 (much like all cyberpunk from the 80s) is a vision of the future thoroughly based around the 80s worldview, what with body modification becoming more mainstream, computers becoming affordable, Japanese automotive and electronics industries slaughtering us on the home front, police brutality and corporate greed becoming well-known problems, etc. These things are of course still relevant today, but I don't begrudge them updating the themes and aesthetics to better fit a worldview for the 2010s. It's called Cyberpunk 2077 after all, and while there are some retro-future touches, it was never billed as full-on 80s retro future. I dig that style as much as the next guy, but I can't begrudge them their own, more modern vision. Shadowrun did the same thing.

rexxz
Where's your band?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:43 pm 

I thought the trailer was awesome and I'm stoked as hell to try it out. DD is just a party pooper.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:45 pm 

I swear he breaks out in hives every time he sees more than three people enjoying the same thing.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:06 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
X&Y are perfectly fine Pokemon games, but they have a few nagging little issues that grate on you after a while.

- There's no jackass rival, or even any serious rival. Just those doofy kids from the neighborhood.
- The plot, while still good and with a few excellent moments, is a step down from B/W, though definitely better than B2/W2.
- The game is way too easy with the Exp. Share on, and way too grindy with it turned off. Poor balancing in that regard.
- None of the gym leaders are all that memorable. They're not terrible, but you'll never remember them.
- Too many handouts. You get a free Kanto starter, a free Lucario, and a free Lapras. Gee, it's not like I wanted a challenge or anything...

Luckily, Sun and Moon improved all those aspects...except the railroading, though that's in service of a plot that is way, way better than Pokemon has ever had before. And then Ultra Sun/Moon fucked it up. So what I'm trying to say is: Black/White, Sun/Moon, and Gold/Silver are my favorite games in the series. X/Y is good, but it should've strived to be great. :V

1. Yeah those kids are annoying, indeed. But tbh, in ORAS you don't have a jackass rival either, unless the Pokémon League champion Steven counts? Your rival per se is also a neighbour/friend of yours. It's either Brandon or May. They sure aren't Gary Oak or the guy from gen 2.

2. I haven't turned on Exp. Share yet. I don't need it, and I've liked the challenge so far.

3. Only beat 1 gym yet, so too early to tell.

4. have not played BW or Sun/Moon yet, so cannot compare. But I take it I don't need to buy Ultra Sun/moon and will be satisfied enough with the vanilla version of Sun?

5. A Free Lucario?! So that means I shouldn't bother keeping Rioplu in my party? Guess I'm gonna replace him with the Absol I've caught about 20 minutes ago, then. I know I said no spoilers, but thanks for that

6. Yeah a free Kanto starter right after the 1st gym is quite early. The starters from other gens in ORAS at least are only obtainable after you beat the Elite 4.

7. Exploration does seem to be a bit more constrained in this game, yeah.

What do you think of the game starters? I personally prefer Kanto and Hoenn starters so far. From Gen 2 I prefer Totodile, but I got Cyndaquill in Silver when I bought it from the eShop and hie becomes quite badass tbh. From DP, I picked Piplup in ORAS. Penguins are cool. As for Gen 5 starters, I picked the grass one(forgot its name). Those are all cool.

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:08 pm 

failsafeman wrote:
I swear he breaks out in hives every time he sees more than three people enjoying the same thing.

:lol: Yup. Never forget that he actually liked Witcher 3 before deciding it'd be more hip to take a 180 and rail against it and its fanbase at every opportunity. Seriously, how many times in this thread has he brought up that game just to shit on it when no one else is discussing it? It has to be once every couple pages. Looks like it's going to be the exact same case with Cyberpunk.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:30 pm 

The Resident Evil 2 remake looks flyyyyyyy

They better be porting it to Steam, because I don't want to have to spend money on a PS4.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

darkeningday
xXdArKenIngDayXx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 2:56 am 

Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher 2 were well-received games that I still play once every few years and love a lot. And Witcher 3 actually started really well, it was only once you dug into it a bit more that it showed its, heh, heart of stone. The game is more frontloaded than a Rotting Christ album--which, btw, was the opposite for their first two games.

Expect more of the same from Cyberpunk. They know what makes them the most money, and that's all they care about anymore.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:37 am 

Festivus wrote:
Zelkiiro wrote:

1. Yeah those kids are annoying, indeed. But tbh, in ORAS you don't have a jackass rival either, unless the Pokémon League champion Steven counts? Your rival per se is also a neighbour/friend of yours. It's either Brandon or May. They sure aren't Gary Oak or the guy from gen 2.
2. I haven't turned on Exp. Share yet. I don't need it, and I've liked the challenge so far.
3. Only beat 1 gym yet, so too early to tell.
4. have not played BW or Sun/Moon yet, so cannot compare. But I take it I don't need to buy Ultra Sun/moon and will be satisfied enough with the vanilla version of Sun?
5. A Free Lucario?! So that means I shouldn't bother keeping Rioplu in my party? Guess I'm gonna replace him with the Absol I've caught about 20 minutes ago, then. I know I said no spoilers, but thanks for that
6. Yeah a free Kanto starter right after the 1st gym is quite early. The starters from other gens in ORAS at least are only obtainable after you beat the Elite 4.
7. Exploration does seem to be a bit more constrained in this game, yeah.

What do you think of the game starters? I personally prefer Kanto and Hoenn starters so far. From Gen 2 I prefer Totodile, but I got Cyndaquill in Silver when I bought it from the eShop and hie becomes quite badass tbh. From DP, I picked Piplup in ORAS. Penguins are cool. As for Gen 5 starters, I picked the grass one(forgot its name). Those are all cool.

Yes, Vanilla Sun/Moon >>> Ultra Sun/Moon. By a long shot. The only thing Ultra has over Vanilla is the inclusion of the single-hardest story battle in the entire franchise vs. Ultra Necrozma. GodDAMN!

As far as starter Pokemon go, I don't like using them much because they often feel too cheesy, but my favorites are Charmander, Totodile, Torchic, Turtwig/Chimchar, Oshawott, Fennekin, and Rowlet, along with their final evolutions, of which the only ones I'll actually want to use are Blaziken, Torterra, and Infernape.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:18 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Yes, Vanilla Sun/Moon >>> Ultra Sun/Moon. By a long shot. The only thing Ultra has over Vanilla is the inclusion of the single-hardest story battle in the entire franchise vs. Ultra Necrozma. GodDAMN!

As far as starter Pokemon go, I don't like using them much because they often feel too cheesy, but my favorites are Charmander, Totodile, Torchic, Turtwig/Chimchar, Oshawott, Fennekin, and Rowlet, along with their final evolutions, of which the only ones I'll actually want to use are Blaziken, Torterra, and Infernape.

Cheesy? How so?

Charmander is fine, but Charizard, at least in gen I becomes a flying type as well and thus becomes weak against electric and ice. Meanwhile, Blastoise remains water only, one of the most well-rounded types out there, and can learn ice moves such as blizzard to boot!

I wonder if a pokémon game will ever have starters of different types than grass, water and fire... but those are the easiest and most straightforward types to teach kids and new players the rock/paper/scissors mechanics of the games, so never, I guess. I notice people tend to dislike grass starters. Grass has a bit too many weaknesses, but grass pokémon level up rather quickly and Venesaur is a pretty competent pokémon. Bulbasaur was my first ever pokémon and I'll always love him.

Speaking of which, what are your favourite types? I really like the dark and psychic types. Steel is also pretty good. I also have a soft spot for electric attacks. I just think they look cool and I like the colour yellow. As for the rest it depends on the pokémon, really.

I'm not a fan of rock, ground and bug pokémon. Poison is fine if it's paired with grass or if a pokémon of a different type can learn poison moves, but poison as a type alone? Not a big fan.

Zelkiiro

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:35 pm 

My favorite types are Fire, Ground, Fighting, and Grass, and I really don't like Steel, Psychic, Normal, and Dragon. :V

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 9:46 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
My favorite types are Fire, Ground, Fighting, and Grass, and I really don't like Steel, Psychic, Normal, and Dragon. :V

I wish there was a better balance in pokémon types at times. For example, water pokémon seem very abundant in most games. That kinda makes me feel bad for choosing a water starter because I know there will be at least 3 or so other nice water pokémon that I'd like to have in my party. Fire pokémon are scarcer, so I never feel as bad for picking a fire starter.

Steel is like the opposite of grass. Steel seems to have the least amount of weaknesses. Thank god I had a Blaziken in my ORAS party, otherwise I'd not have beaten Steven twice. And I also survived the Earthquake attack because Blaziken "did it out of love for his trainer"... I guess playing Pokémon Amie with your pokémon wasn't a waste of time, after all!

Dragons tend to have good designs and dragon attacks can be quite cool and powerful. I really like Latios and Gyarados.

Normal is just... too normal. Thing is, normal pokémon have quite high HP and can learn a nice variety of attacks, but imagine being a pokémon and not having any cool natural powers.

Psychics are cool. And used to be overpowered in gen I. They even beat ghosts LOL

A type that has very cool looking attacks is ice, but it has 4 weaknesses and about 3-4 types that is not very effective against. And water pokémon can learn ice attacks anyway.

Ground does have Diglett/Dugtrio which is cool. Same for Sandshrew/Sandslash, but the type doesn't do it for me. Fighting? It's hit and miss for me.

Oh btw, I don't like fairy much either. it seems like they only invented that type in order to find a nemesis for dragons. But Jigglypuff knocking out Gyarados or Dragonite in one hit is kinda hard for me to swallow.

Nahsil
Clerical Sturmgeschütz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:57 am 

darkeningday wrote:
Dragon Age Origins and The Witcher 2 were well-received games that I still play once every few years and love a lot. And Witcher 3 actually started really well, it was only once you dug into it a bit more that it showed its, heh, heart of stone. The game is more frontloaded than a Rotting Christ album--which, btw, was the opposite for their first two games.

Expect more of the same from Cyberpunk. They know what makes them the most money, and that's all they care about anymore.

I generally agree, and also think that cyberpunk GTA sounds awful. But I don't like GTA, so...
the same stone - Primordial, "Heathen Tribes"

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:22 pm 

Nioh is 40% off in the steam sale. That's mighty tempting I must admit.

EDIT: Bought Nioh, Frost Punk, Doom, and Rise of the Tomb Raider. Time to close steam for the rest of the week.

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:24 pm 

Sitting this summer sale out, astoundingly. Haven't had motivation to buy Steam stuff since I need a new comp that isn't shit.

Apparently CELESTE of all games is too demanding for this comp, and that killed a lot of motivation

Razakel
Nekroprince

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:22 pm 

MorbidEngel wrote:
Apparently CELESTE of all games is too demanding for this comp, and that killed a lot of motivation

Weird, isn't it basically a NES game? It looks really cool, by the way. Anyone played it?

MorbidEngel
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 6:27 pm 

It does look good. I just can't comprehend how my current computer is so bad I can't run THAT of all things

theagentcoma
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 12:25 pm 

I am literally buying a Switch just for Octopath Traveler. The last time I had a console that was considered current was the Gamecube.

failsafeman
Digital Dictator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:41 pm 

Picked up Into the Breach for the Summer Sale. It was made by the same guys who made FTL, a game I played the shit out of, so I had high hopes for it. Into the Breach lived up to them. Too early to say if it has the incredible replayability of FTL, as there's less customization in some areas (squads don't usually change too much during a run), but much more in others (you can choose from a bunch of default starting squads, but also mix-and-match to build your own custom starting squad). But I've put 16 hours into it over the past four days with no signs of slowing down, so that's something.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 849, 850, 851, 852, 853, 854, 855 ... 940  Next