Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:36 pm 

Poor Sanders, the last thing I'd want after getting off a flight is Alex Jones getting in my face with his neverending vocal fry and wannabe 'gotcha' questions. Granted, I think the 'if you're white, you don't know what it's like to be in a ghetto or be poor' line was a very dumb thing to say, but anybody who thinks Sanders was cowardly for not taking Jones' bait isn't very bright. Why waste your time with a demagogue who has no interest in any real discussion of the issues?

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:51 pm 

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:40 pm 

Talking to Alex Jones is a waste of breath, time and energy. Nobody should blame Sanders for dodging the cunt.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:25 am 

Trashy_Rambo wrote:
I wouldn't bother talking to Alex Jones either. The man (Or at least the character he portrays) is a loon.

It's not an act. His ex-wife took him to court over this, and that's why he doesn't have custody of his kids anymore. Alex Jones may embellish to separate fools from their money, but he's really that stupid.

Festivus
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 6:07 pm 

I've never watched Alex Jones' videos. I assume he's the right-wing version of The Young Turks or something?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:19 pm 

No, he's a huckster like those TV preachers who sell fifty gallon drums of cheese and broccoli soup for the apocalypse, but he does his show with a New World Order conspiracy theme instead of a Jesus end of days theme.

Oblarg
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:57 pm 

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:35 pm 

This Washington Post bit breaks down the latest week of batshit nuttery from the Trump Administration.

Quote:
The president canceled a Philadelphia Eagles visit because so few players were going to show, but he falsely blamed them for kneeling during the national anthem. (None of their players did.) CNN’s Jake Tapper, an enthusiastic Eagles fan, called the president’s attack “a lie.”

His press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, was at a loss to explain why refusing to bake a cake for a gay couple is properly protected by the First Amendment but kneeling during the anthem is worthy of presidential condemnation and intrusion into the operation of a privately-owned sports league.

The president began his attempt to discredit the Justice Department’s inspector general investigation, presumably because it won’t say what he wants it to. (There is a good chance it will slap former FBI director James B. Comey for improperly intervening in the election, to the detriment of Hillary Clinton.)

Trump continued to rail at Attorney General Jeff Sessions, repeating his furor over the AG’s recusal decision (as required by DOJ ethics rules). This makes perfectly clear that his intent has been to derail the investigation. He is furious Sessions was not able to shut down the Russian investigation, which someone innocent would not logically want.
Trump’s former campaign manager, out on bail in a prosecution involving multiple counts, allegedly tried to tamper with a witness. He may now face jail time.

The judge in yet another civil case involving Summer Zervos, an “Apprentice” contestant who allegedly was sexually harassed by Trump and later defamed when Trump accused her of lying, ordered that Trump can be deposed. This is a Paula Jones re-run, where the president will be put under oath and asked about his sexual conduct (and perhaps payoffs to other women). If he lies, he may face perjury charges.

Sanders was unable to explain why she misrepresented to the media that Trump had no part in drafting the statement falsely characterizing the June 2016 Trump Tower meeting. She insists she is a very honest person. One wonders why, then, she continues to work for a boss who misleads the country with such regularity.

Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, already under about a dozen investigations, allegedly used his office to try to get his wife a Chick-fil-A franchise. (It didn’t work, which I suppose speaks well of the fast-food restaurant.)

Republicans must think this Congress has been so effective and has such great legislation ready to go (neither is remotely accurate) that they should hang around to do more (well, anything would be “more”). Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) is canceling most of the August recess. No word how it helps Republicans if they produce nothing. At least there will be plenty of time to work on a fix to help the “dreamers” — to the delight of Democrats.

I cannot fathom how an administration this unstable with this much controversy and this number of issues can manage to continue to lumber along. It's just fucking absurd.

Also, apparently, 4,700 people died when the hurricane hit Puerto Rico. And Trump stopped helping them in like a month.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 4:13 pm 

Reeeally not loving this trade war between our countries. Yall tariff our steel, and our PM retaliates with a tariff on (among other stuff)* whisky and playing cards! Feck! What am I supposed to do on Friday nights now?

* full list here: https://m.huffingtonpost.ca/2018/05/31/ ... _23448220/
This is not how you negotiate! Trump and Trudeau could learn from kids playing with Pokemon cards. I have two Blastoise, you have two Venusaur. We trade. That's how it's done! Not this dumbass crap.

PS it says a lot that our leaders are so incompetent, I've shared a link to the friggin' Huffington Post to support my case :nono:
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:27 pm 

How about Trump blaming the war of 1812 for the trade war? :lol: Can't make this shit up...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm 

Morrigan wrote:
How about Trump blaming the war of 1812 for the trade war? :lol: Can't make this shit up...

James Madison's entire presidency is fake news!

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:44 pm 

It seems Trump is actually doing something I don't hate! While I would rather we dismantle the military industrial complex and stop sending people to die in senseless wars, that's not going to happen, so I think this is necessary and good.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administrat ... ts-to-stop

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 11:59 pm 

You must hate veterans and American tax payers as much as I do, since the purpose of that bill is to transfer money away from veterans' healthcare and into for-profit hospitals' profits.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:06 am 

Did I miss something in the article? I'm not seeing it.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 6:28 am 

All the bill really does is take a few different VA-paid, privately-administered programs and consolidate them. It's not much of an "expansion" of private health care.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 8:20 am 

Earthcubed wrote:
All the bill really does is take a few different VA-paid, privately-administered programs and consolidate them. It's not much of an "expansion" of private health care.

That's super. The VA is already enough of a mess. I tried using the website yesterday and I had to login about 8 times in a row to accomplish nothing. I think the number of people attempting to fake being soldiers is akin to the number of people who lie about being raped. For some reason, society thinks it's just millions of people, when the reality is "only a few super shitty people. People tend not to invent this."

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 2:46 pm 

In theory, I'm very supportive of this move by Trump. How could it not be a good thing, to help veterans access different health care options? In reality though, shunting veterans from the difficulties of dealing with the VA, into the private health care sector which has its own problems... best we can say is it won't hurt anyone, but it may not be particularly helpful either. Focus should be on improving quality of VA services the government can control, not redirecting the government's failure somewhere else.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:22 am 

Well, the last week was an epic shitshow.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:13 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
No, he's a huckster like those TV preachers who sell fifty gallon drums of cheese and broccoli soup for the apocalypse, but he does his show with a New World Order conspiracy theme instead of a Jesus end of days theme.

Some of his supposed beliefs are likely fake or exaggerated, but his narcissism and desire to control/oppress others is most certainly real.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:18 pm 

Same as those huckster preachers.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:11 am 

Just when you thought this stupid motherfucker couldn't get any more infuriating and cartoon-villainy...

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/06/ ... tem-635164

:rolleyes: Can't make this shit up...

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:32 pm 

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the disastrous G7 summit in La Malbaie yet. Trump came late to the summit on the first day, everybody else had to wait seventeen minutes for him during breakfast and he left earlier than anyone else as well. After having tried to water down declarations on women's right and the protection of oceans, he agreed on signing a common declaration, just to cancel it when he was already on his way away from the summit. He accused Trudeau of backstabbing him even though he only served Trump some of his own medicine and had announced these things beforehand. Canadians are probably among the most peaceful people in the whole world and it's remarkable you can be so ignorant to get into such serious trouble with them.

Here's a picture taken from a German photographer that says more than a thousand words:

https://timedotcom.files.wordpress.com/ ... summit.jpg

It's no coincidence that the German government chose this picture among thousands to represent the G7 summit. It's the type of photograph that could be included in history books in a few years from here. Trump is the only one sitting, provocative, isolated, ignorant. Merkel looks aggressive and her body language already tells what she thinks about Trump's attitude. Abe looks quite annoyed by what Trump is doing. Even Macron looks unusually serious and stiff. You can read so much from this picture which makes it really interesting.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Ezadara
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:16 am 

There's something priceless about the face of the guy between Abe and Merkel. It's like he's looking right at us all and silently saying 'Oh, right, like you were expecting anything better'.

Malefikant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:24 pm 

Say what you want about Trump, but so far no US president shook the hand of Kim Dingdong part 1-3. Congrats to that.

kluseba
Making Metal Archives Reviews Great Again!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:28 pm 

Quote:
Say what you want about Trump, but so far no US president shook the hand of Kim Dingdong part 1-3. Congrats to that.

Calling an Asian Dingdong is quite stupid to say the least. That being said, they shook hands because Kim took the initiative as he wanted this summit to happen, not because Trump did something special. Kim uses Trump to show the world his ambitions to change in order to get rid of current financial restrictions. Trump uses the summit to convince the world he can make surprising deals in order to get elected again. Your comment shows that his strategy has worked rather well.

''Room 819'': http://kluseba.eklablog.com/room-819-a-short-story-a213183053

Malefikant
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:34 pm 

kluseba wrote:
Calling an Asian Dingdong is quite stupid to say the least.

Und politisch korrekte Humorlosigkeit ist ziemlich Deutsch.

Last edited by Morrigan on Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User banned: racist troll

GoreKommandant
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:41 pm 

Come on, seriously?

"Dingdong" is just the sound a doorbell makes. It's not about insulting "Asians", but the three Kims whose names I can't remember and just sound funny to my ears. That's the joke (part 1-3, get it?). It's not that the Northkorean regime is an oppressed minority or something.

Last edited by Morrigan on Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User banned (ban evasion from Malefikant -- also, yes, you're a racist troll for plenty of other reasons than this lame "joke", please go away)

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:59 pm 

Iran's already warning Kim about the Trump deal.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-nort ... SKBN1J813Y

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:07 pm 

There's something very rich about them Tom Cotton-ing US/NK negotiations. Very amusing.

As expected, the summit was a reckless waste for everyone not named Kim, who got a lovely propaganda boost out of it without having to make concrete verifiable promises, while Trump made a vague promise about ending some unspecified military exercises (which ones? US-SK? US-Japan? Any and every exercise in the area, or just trainings aimed at NK?) without getting any other players' buy-in ahead of time. Oh and also, he got the very real possibility of a Trump Corporation hotel north of the DMZ at some point in the future.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:57 am 

Or in other words, a big success for everyone involved. So cynical, earthsphere.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:56 am 

My creeping cynicism was not lightly earned, and it is richly deserved in this case.

This was a personal success for Kim & Trump. That's it. No country is actually going to get anything out of this except maybe China, assuming Trump actually goes through with cancelling any regional exercises.

stickyshooZ
TO HAVE AND TO HOLD

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:46 pm 

I have to laugh as Russian networks such as RT continue to pump their chests about how they were the greatest fighters of fascism during the second world war, broadcasting their Victory Day parades and saying "never again." All while simultaneously promoting fascist thugs like Trump and other ultra reactionary "populists" throughout Western Europe. They have practically been fawning at Trump's feet for the past 24 hours as if he just achieved world peace.

Exkretor wrote:
The new Sadus sounds like fucking wrestling music.

nestee8
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 pm 

Oh btw, net neutrality ended just a few days ago. It's only a matter of time before ISPs start charging for fast lanes, but it won't happen overnight. Hopefully the CRA will pass through Congress (though unlikely) and/or we win the lawsuit against the FCC.

Necroticism174
Kite String Popper

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:58 am 

So apparently Canada is a "national threat" now for refusing to just bend over and accept massive tariffs. Cool.

http://halberddoom.bandcamp.com/releases

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:05 am 

Your fucking maple syrup and common sense politics have to be stopped!

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

tahu157
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:27 am 

nestee8 wrote:
Oh btw, net neutrality ended just a few days ago. It's only a matter of time before ISPs start charging for fast lanes, but it won't happen overnight. Hopefully the CRA will pass through Congress (though unlikely) and/or we win the lawsuit against the FCC.

Washington I think it was has already instituted their own state level NN law, and I think a few other states are considering doing the same. The FCC is threatening to sue over the subversion though so we'll see if it holds.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:41 am 

Necroticism174 wrote:
So apparently Canada is a "national threat" now for refusing to just bend over and accept massive tariffs. Cool.

You guys should invade the US, in the name of democracy and universal health care.

Twisted_Psychology
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:03 pm 

My personal theory is that somebody talked to Trump about the double standards of his obviously racist attitude towards Mexico. Only instead of lightening up on Mexico, he decided that it'd be best to be a dick to Canada too.

Seriously, how does one make such a hollow stride toward diplomacy with a rogue state while also throwing our best friend under the bus for basically no reason?

Sick6Six
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:42 pm 

I had a long thing typed up, but I get paranoid about saying some of this shit...

The other day someone at work joked "why would anyone want to move to Canada, they're our enemy now I think" I'm like, that's exactly why I want to move to Canada! Did Trump or someone actually say/tweet that they are a national threat now? Haven't seen that piece of news yet.

If Trump could be like Kim, oops just kidding! https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/15/politics/trump-north-korea-kim-jong-un/index.html

Also, Jeff Sessions says government can do whatever they want because God. https://www.nbcnews.com/think/opinion/bible-verse-jeff-sessions-used-defend-immigration-crackdown-once-also-ncna883676

must resist saying what i'm really thinking.

lost_wanderer
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:39 pm 

''Christians must “obey the laws of the government because God has ordained them for the purpose of order." Except if the laws are promulgated by democrats or people who are on the left and defend minorities such as non whites and lgbt people.

How about Peter Navarro saying that there's a special place in hell for Trudeau for supposedly backstabbing the USA in the back?

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/jun/11/donald-trumps-trade-adviser-criticises-weak-justin-trudeau-video

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies. Go to page Previous  1 ... 80, 81, 82, 83, 84, 85, 86 ... 227  Next