Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 10:10 am 

Any news...? Has he done anything else? I mean, adding Bandcamp details with incorrect dates isn't a terribly uncommon oversight, and he doesn't have any major infractions on his record. The official stance on the whole Bandcamp release date fiasco is buried in a front page news post from 2015. I think a warning on the edit page might be more effective.

With 13k points, I'd give him the benefit of the doubt.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:29 pm 

Just feel I need to make a note here, in case anyone wonders what's going on, on the Dwarrowdelf band page, I was contacted by Tom to make some changes, he's wanting it to be a certain way, but it's not quite working out that way, so trying a few things.....

if whatever points needs to be docked, I completely understand, just wanted it known not trying to point-whore, just having some difficulties I'm sure I'll get it all straight :)

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:33 pm 

Spider_X wrote:
Just feel I need to make a note here, in case anyone wonders what's going on, on the Dwarrowdelf band page, I was contacted by Tom to make some changes, he's wanting it to be a certain way, but it's not quite working out that way, so trying a few things.....

if whatever points needs to be docked, I completely understand, just wanted it known not trying to point-whore, just having some difficulties I'm sure I'll get it all straight :)

You need any help with that? It seems like you're having a hard time.

BEGRAVEMENT - 'Horrific Illusions Beckon' out now!

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:46 pm 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:
Spider_X wrote:

You need any help with that? It seems like you're having a hard time.

I think I got it figured out, if I understood him correctly (this time) he wanted all of that off of Dwarrowdelf, although I thought he wanted me to change evreything on it, but he says he wants it that way on his Deavhronun band page. I am waiting back now to hear from him again. If I still have not got it right, I'll let you know, I'll copy and paste the info he told me and you can take over (thanks for offering :) ).

I'll update back the very moment he messages me back again to let me know if I did this right or not. (Usually, when I edit anything on M-A, or add/ delete things, I'm not doing this, I was just specifically messaged/ asked, cause on my Fb profile page, I have it set to be known I am on here.)

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 2:48 pm 

Wait a sec... not to change the subject here, but I believe the point of this site is to accurately document not bow to the wishes of band members who want it to look different.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:12 pm 

Yeah, this is an impartial database, so be wary - especially with black metal bands. No whitewashing of public info will be tolerated and all such changes will be reversed.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:16 pm 

No, I don't think that's what he was meaning, he goes by one name on one, and not the other, and I had totally misunderstood him, it was how everything was written, how "I" understood what he was saying.

But, he said it all looks correct now, he was meaning me to take it all off the Dwarrowdelf page as he does not go by that name on there, but for his other band, Deavhronun.

Anyway, I was only letting you guys know that what I was doing was not for making points, I initially misunderstood him, so again, if some points needs to be taken off, I completely understand.

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 3:58 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/Hellcommand

Useless links in 'Labels' section.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2018 7:29 pm 

Tlacaxipehualiztli wrote:

Dia warned him. Feel free to nuke all the useless links.

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 1:06 am 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
Tlacaxipehualiztli wrote:

Dia warned him. Feel free to nuke all the useless links.

Done.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 12:59 pm 

Froidelune

Newbie added a bunch of duplicates while trying to update things. They can all be nuked. I already reported the Drakonhail releases before noticing a pattern

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 1:04 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
Froidelune

Newbie added a bunch of duplicates while trying to update things. They can all be nuked. I already reported the Drakonhail releases before noticing a pattern

Duplicates nuked and sent a message.

Tlacaxipehualiztli
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 2:11 pm 

A complete newbie: adding lyrics track by track, existing album...

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/xenohunt

fravsbatera
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:25 pm 

Guys, first of all if this isn't the right place to ask this I apologize for that, but I have a doubt that came to my mind. I read at a Brazilian metal site that Shaman reunited their original lineup for a one-off show.

There is no official statement confirming the band will permanently reunite, and it appears that unfortunately they shutted down their official website and Facebook page after they split up.

But since there is some activity in the band, should we change the band's status to "Active"?

Here's some links to the news:

http://www.wikimetal.com.br/shaman-form ... iginal-sp/ (in Portuguese)

https://whiplash.net/materias/agenda/283613-shaman.html (in Portuguese)

Thank you!

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 12:26 pm 

fravsbatera wrote:
Guys, first of all if this isn't the right place to ask this I apologize for that, but I have a doubt that came to my mind. I read at a Brazilian metal site that Shaman reunited their original lineup for a one-off show.

There is no official statement confirming the band will permanently reunite, and it appears that unfortunately they shutted down their official website and Facebook page after they split up.

But since there is some activity in the band, should we change the band's status to "Active"?

Here's some links to the news:

http://www.wikimetal.com.br/shaman-form ... iginal-sp/ (in Portuguese)

https://whiplash.net/materias/agenda/283613-shaman.html (in Portuguese)

Thank you!

This is what reports are for.

fravsbatera
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 4:51 pm 

EzraBlumenfeld wrote:

This is what reports are for.

Thanks, someone already did it.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 12:20 pm 

I've raised this item already, concerning members who add "Bandcamp" to album's version description.
Since it can be found on different digital platforms, we shouldn't write there about some particular distributor - Bandcamp, Amazon or iTunes, or even Spotify, CDbaby or Google Play.

So, please send a note to GearWing about, for example, this album.
She added the word "Bandcamp" purposely, as it can be seen in update history.
Album is at least on Amazon and iTunestoo...

Next is EzraBlumenfeld and album Benthos by Aboleth, been found on iTunes. Why, on Amazon too, surely.

Unfortunately, it's not only about these two.
Thus, to be continued...

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 10:43 am 

^ Will look into that.

Also, just a head's up in case anyone is wondering. Our users are updating the French regions of French bands at the moment. So if you see users going alphabetically through French bands, that's probably why.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

EzraBlumenfeld
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 8:43 pm 

Ah, sorry about the thing mentioned above. I'll leave the version description blank on those from now on.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 11:01 am 

I realize https://www.metal-archives.com/users/cranialcrusherabc speaks the language, but is he aware of how titles should be capitalized in Portuguese?
E.g. https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/B ... ath/683102

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:01 am 

Frankstone added tons of unneeded duplicates over the past year or so

examples: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... ess/675035
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... rto/238863
https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/M ... ess/627365

Some have been removed already, most haven't.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:20 am 

PaganiusI wrote:

He was previously messaged by Dia at the start of 2017 telling him to stop. Went through his modification history and nuked all duplicate versions and gave him a warning.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:16 am 

I might want to add that all his entries for his band look fishy to me. I went throught the band's pages and there are no release notes on any album after 2010 (except the USB release of "Scary" (2014)). They just someday appear to be there and they play a tour for it. At least "Ritualized", "Lie by Faith" and the single "Die by Lie" seem to be youtube only releases, but for the rest of the "digital" releases there is literally no info other than a tracklist and a cover art. No download, no obvious way to get it, no nothing.

Maybe I just don't get it.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:44 pm 

Spoiler: show
Shadechaser wrote:
I've raised this item already, concerning members who add "Bandcamp" to album's version description.
Since it can be found on different digital platforms, we shouldn't write there about some particular distributor - Bandcamp, Amazon or iTunes, or even Spotify, CDbaby or Google Play.

Next is EzraBlumenfeld and album Benthos by Aboleth, been found on iTunes. Why, on Amazon too, surely.

Thus, to be continued...

Maybe Nihil Seitan will be glad to know, that there are sites to stream and buy digital music except Bandcamp.
And - behold! - there is no more reason to add the word "Bandcamp" even to albums submitted by other members.
For example, I "undid" his version description for the album Dread 2018 From This World to the Next because it is also on Amazon.
Will someone please send him this gospel?

TheUnhinged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:46 pm 

Something seems sketchy about the similar artists page for Smoulder. These accounts all seem to vote up and down on the same terms, all of them are from the United States, accounts started in 2011, no modifications/reviews/collection/profile info. I think they're all the same person.

WarTotalWar, boomslamkaka, downdown802, hamslamthankyoubam, markzuckerberg, mazeofdeath666, slippery, parentheses_x_3, nyberg0812

Azmodes
Ultranaut

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:47 am 

Yup, that's obvious sockpuppetry for the purpose of band vote rigging. Similar email addresses and IP matches for all of them (and some besides). Will ban.

They all registered a few days ago, though, not in 2011?

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:23 am 

Out of curiosity, where can one read the name of the voter? All I see is the number of votes.
EDIT: Never mind, got it. ;)

TheUnhinged
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:30 pm 

Azmodes wrote:

Whenever I looked under the modifications tab on their pages, it would say "nothing since 2011" so I had assumed that was when they registered. Must mean something else, I suppose. :scratch:

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:36 pm 

TheUnhinged wrote:
Azmodes wrote:

Whenever I looked under the modifications tab on their pages, it would say "nothing since 2011" so I had assumed that was when they registered. Must mean something else, I suppose. :scratch:

"Since 2011" just means they haven't made any edits since the site switched to V2 in 2011.

EpicDismemberment
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:43 am 

PaulAsgaard added duplicate digital version.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/C ... ale/713569

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:48 am 

why not, if people add digital releases with description "bandcamp"?
if stand-alone bandcamp version exists, why can't a person add itunes or amazon versions if they exist too?
--
it's a banter of course.
hope that once writing the names of digital platforms will be restricted by the site rules.

Antioch
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 1:46 pm 

A post like this ^ may be taken literally, Shadechaser. This is no place for sarcasm, as it might be misleading, especially for new users.

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:28 pm 

Sent him a message and nuked those 2 versions.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:39 pm 

Brutalgoofball

added some duplicates while adding a note on the cover artist. Pointed out 3 of them already through reports.

This: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/G ... %21/719132
This:https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Drowning_in_the_Platte/Erosion/719134
and this: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/I ... ble/719135

He also added a similar note to some albums instead of adding the artist to the line-up section. Interestingly the artist is already credited for his "cover art" on at least some of the albums, so that note is more than unneeded.

For reference click <here>:

Going through his edit history, there is more of that sort with other artists (like Mike Cooper)

~Guest 368187
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:53 pm 

PaganiusI wrote:
Brutalgoofball

added some duplicates while adding a note on the cover artist. Pointed out 3 of them already through reports.

This: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/G ... %21/719132
This:https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Drowning_in_the_Platte/Erosion/719134
and this: https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/I ... ble/719135

He also added a similar note to some albums instead of adding the artist to the line-up section. Interestingly the artist is already credited for his "cover art" on at least some of the albums, so that note is more than unneeded.

For reference click <here>:

Going through his edit history, there is more of that sort with other artists (like Mike Cooper)

Warned, I'll take care of removing these notes and properly crediting the artists, and nuking the duplicates in a bit.

EDIT: Done, let me know if he continues.

PaganiusI
Zee Bombelecher

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:58 pm 

Storm of the Light's Bane wrote:
EDIT: Done, let me know if he continues.

I will, I'm already starting to keep records of "duplicators" :D

aloof
avant-gardener

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 pm 

https://www.metal-archives.com/users/DakotaRogers newb, lyrics 1b1...

Spider_X
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 12:28 am 

Shadechaser wrote:

Thus, to be continued...

I have a feeling I may be one of the "ones" you may be referring about (but, have not yet mentioned me by name) ;) !? As I know for a fact that I have been a guilty party to filling-in-the-blanks of many a digital release, of the word "Bandcamp"...

Now, when I myself enter in a digital release I get it immediatly from a Bandcamp notification as I only get my digital albums exclusively from there and nowhere else. So, in general, when I add said release of whatever band to M-A the moment I have recieved the notification and the album has not yet been entered by anyone else, I do add the Bandcamp, because again, that's where I have directly obtained it from.

Granted, when I add "Bandcamp" to others who have entered in digital releases, and I do apologize for this, I do not think about iTunes, GooglePlay, Amazon, etc, as I have always seen those listed under the "Official Merchandise" tab, so I honestly assumed those digital forms were covered under there (I don't know why I assumed this, I just did). But, I would go to Bandcamp to make sure it was there, and if it was, and all said info was correct like the times were exact and such I just 'assumed' Bandcamp and added it. I thought I was trying to make the release a bit more thorough by doing this. And, apparently I should not have, and I am sorry.

From now on, if someone adds a release and purposely leaves that field blank, I'll respect that and leave it. I'll only worry with "Bandcamp" and the actual digitals that I add to here.

Again, I am honestly sorry for my mix-up in all this "Bandcamp - digital" mess.

cranial crusher
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:08 pm 

Antioch wrote:
I realize https://www.metal-archives.com/users/cranialcrusherabc speaks the language, but is he aware of how titles should be capitalized in Portuguese?
E.g. https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/B ... ath/683102

Despite I have in fact made a mistake capitalizing the word "um" (track 6; article), which I already corrected, I am aware of how titles should be capitalized in Portuguese.

In this case, the words "Mais" (track 6; adverb) and "Carne" (track 8; noun) must be capitalized.

Shadechaser
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:10 pm 

Spider_X wrote:
Now, when I myself enter in a digital release I get it immediatly from a Bandcamp notification as I only get my digital albums exclusively from there and nowhere else. So, in general, when I add said release of whatever band to M-A the moment I have recieved the notification and the album has not yet been entered by anyone else, I do add the Bandcamp, because again, that's where I have directly obtained it from.

Well, I guess the fact that Bandcamp have sent you an automatic notification is just an item of their usability, and not a reason to make a conclusion that some band uses only Bancamp to distribute their creations :)

Spider_X wrote:
Granted, when I add "Bandcamp" to others who have entered in digital releases, and I do apologize for this, I do not think about iTunes, GooglePlay, Amazon, etc, as I have always seen those listed under the "Official Merchandise" tab, so I honestly assumed those digital forms were covered under there

I've seen numerously that album is for free via Bancamp (say, there's a link "Name your price") and it costs some bucks on Amazon. :nods:

Spider_X wrote:
From now on, if someone adds a release and purposely leaves that field blank, I'll respect that and leave it. I'll only worry with "Bandcamp" and the actual digitals that I add to here.

Again, I am honestly sorry for my mix-up in all this "Bandcamp - digital" mess.

Thou cometh to confess and thou art forgiven now, my son. amen! :beer:

Last edited by Shadechaser on Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 85, 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91 ... 120  Next