Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
savagevelocithrash
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:59 pm 

Quote:
We are so shocked and saddened to bring you the news of our dear brother Killjoy passing away this morning. We are at a loss for words. R.I.P brother you are forever in our hearts. We will cherish our moments together forever.
Frank (Killjoy) Pucci 1969-2018
R.I.P
Necrophagia
Serge, Shawn, Jake

https://web.facebook.com/NecrophagiaOfficial/photos/rpp.138659442831318/1938098202887424/?type=3&theater&_rdc=1&_rdr

Really sad news.

DeathfareDevil
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:27 pm 

Well shit. That's unexpected. He was about as committed to metal as a person can be. Even apart from Necrophagia, I listen to those first Ravenous and Wurdulak albums regularly. Regarding the recording of the latter, I'll always remember in an interview he said that he and Maniac laid down the vocals side by side in the studio (the songs on Ceremony in Flames often featured both of them); he said that with the lights low, the music blaring, the two of them facing off and trading lines, it was like two warlocks doing battle. I love that image.

R.I.P.

fourrobert13
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 5:52 pm 

Sad indeed. I loved Necrophagia. Killjoy was the band IMO and loved the way way they did death metal.

BenjaminC81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:52 am 

400+ views on this topic and only two replies? Shit, Necrophagia must have been more underrated then i thought. I felt thoroughly crushed reading the news on facebook last night. I saw Necrophagia last year while they were touring with I Am Morbid. To be honest i had little interest in seeing I Am Morbid and only bought a ticket because Necrophagia were opening for them. Killjoy didn't seem to be in best of health but he was always somewhat overweight so i never guessed he would be a dead just a year later. I discovered them back in '98 when the band was resurrected thanks to the involvement of Phil Anselmo. I've been a huge fan ever since and been following their every move.

It's weird thought that we'll never get another Necrophagia record or ever hear his shrieking vocals again. To me Killjoy embodied everything i love about metal. He was a huge fan of European horror movies and a true pioneer of death metal. It's shame the band never really got their break like Death or Morbid Angel for example. Only thing left for me to say are the famous words by the man himself... Fulci lives!!! Rest in gore, Killjoy.

jimbies
Noose Springsteen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:00 am 

I always found his output of music to be very unadulterated and genuine metal. I really love some of the Necrophagia albums.

into_the_pit
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:08 am 

R.I.P man!

a true pioneer of horror death metal.
"Chainsaw Gutsfuck."

Lord_Jotun
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:31 pm 

Way too young, again. He will be missed :(
Orgiastic Pleasures
Rust
Black Druid Hymns - my projects on YouTube

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:49 pm 

Found out about Necrophagia from the track they did for Cannibal Holocaust when they did the unrated DVD release. Season of the Dead is a classic with and Killjoy was a true death metal pioneer. RIP to one of the greats.

tomcat_ha
Minister of Boiling Water

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:38 pm 

seen necrophagia twice and while it does not rank among absolute favourites when it comes to 80s death metal its still pretty good and ofcourse an essential part of death metal history.

ThePoop
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 6:13 pm 

Damn, I never listened to much Necrophagia but Killjoy was quite a prominent figure, it was almost impossible not to be aware of him. He seemed to be a real metalhead's metalhead. From Phil Anselmo to Mirai Kawashima, he garnered a lot of respect from the community.

BenjaminC81
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:09 pm 

Killjoy's fiancee is now organizing a gofundme campaign for Killjoy's funeral arrangements. Here's a chance for the fans to repay the man who gave his fans so much in life. You can help out with as little as 5 bucks. A small gesture goes a long way as they say. I'm always shocked by how much music artists don't seem to have a proper medical care or funeral insurance and have to resort to these kind of fundraisers.

https://www.gofundme.com/killjoy-desade-gore-forever

ViF
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:45 pm 

i clicked in the gofundme link thinking the total raised would be under $100. that's amazing raising that much in 2 days.
you are already gods, without earthly desires. but one thing you want to know is that your own crash-dive is not in vain. regrettably, we will not be able to tell you the results. but i shall watch your efforts to the end and report your deeds to the throne

hmi
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:48 pm 

RIP Killjoy. This is the last thing I expected to read randomly logging into MA today. He is and always will be one of the sickest vocalists ever.

Reply to topic