Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:59 am 

demonomania wrote:
I told my wife that if we find the doll anywhere in another part of the house, we're done for. Hopefully we'll get to hear a nice quip or pun before being stabbed.

You've heard of Elf On The Shelf but get ready for A Chucky Christmas

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:22 am 

Never a doll moment, eh?

hey
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:32 am 

Make sure you guard your head! You wouldn't want your Russian nesting doll to turn into a concussion setting doll.

~Guest 118084
With a 120kbps bitrate!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:50 pm 

I fucking LOVE Anaal Nathrakh. I'm going to listen to Desideratum because I can't understand how this group could release a mediocre album.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:06 am 

demonomania wrote:
We were cleaning up a downstairs room in my house last night and found a creepy porcelain doll. Its eyes are entirely lime green, and its head has a disturbing way of slumping over like that split-second shot in "The Ring" where they show that drowned girl in the closet. The room in question used to be full of dolls (the prior owner had a huge collection of them), but both my wife and I swear we threw them all out (in fact, to freak my daughter out we keep saying that there was one that we didn't throw away that haunts the house). The doll was in a drawer in a piece of furniture we brought with us, not one that came with the home. Needless to say, we didn't have any bizarro dolls in our old apartment - it is not something we brought with us. When we took the doll out and stood it up on a dresser, our three dogs started barking violently at it. Though I was tempted to chuck the damn thing immediately, we got to talking about how it could be worth some money, so we're hanging on to it for now until it can be appraised.

The whole time, I was thinking "damn, haven't I seen enough generic evil doll movie plots to know that I'm in one?"

I'd LOVE to see some pictures of that doll (long time interest in the paranormal, not dolls, haha). ALso, if you want to make some money, why not set up a YT channel where you post/stream it being recorded in an isolated room? You might get more views out of that than one thinks. And sell it on eBay one day.

caspian
Old Man Yells at Car Park

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:09 am 

Man, I know I'm at least a year behind the times, but the new Elder is really good. It's the first stoner doom album I've been able to enjoy in years...

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Belial
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 10:37 am 

I just stumbled across this and I had to share it here.

https://www.facebook.com/thrashtillmadeath/videos/1911008942304063

I'm curious to see what others think about it. Funniest thing I've seen today.

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:17 am 

caspian wrote:
Man, I know I'm at least a year behind the times, but the new Elder is really good. It's the first stoner doom album I've been able to enjoy in years...

hell yeah, it's so fresh and exciting. You might like III by Weedpecker. Not exactly a doom album per se, but I found it was kinda similar to Reflections... Nice and psychedelic too.

Spoiler: show

caspian

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:24 am 

sweet. Hopefully I'll remember it (at work at the mo), if so I will add it to THE LIST

https://strangercountry.bandcamp.com/al ... the-chebar new album! Power shoegaze? Dream-doom???

Face_your_fear_79
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:30 pm 

List25 on youtube bwahahahahaha. Dumb stupid channel what shit.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:33 am 

Warning: Rant

Is there are a reason California gets shit for doom metal concerts?

I saw this blog on facebook just now: https://www.riffrelevant.com/2018/03/07/thorr-axe-to-embark-on-live-campaign/

Headline: Thorr-Axe to Embark on Western U.S. Tour Campaign

I thought, Oooh, maybe they'll come to Fresno! I look at the dates. Nope, no Fresno. That's not shocking. But they're not even coming to California at all? In a WESTERN U.S. tour??? That includes such "Western" states as Illinois, Michigan, South Dakota, and Wisconsin???? What in the flying fuck.

Not only do I hardly ever hear of any international doom metal bands playing California, but hardly any AMERICAN doom metal bands play California. It's really disheartening. I'm not even that big of a fan of Electric Wizard, but I instantly bought a ticket to see them in San Francisco this April because of the sheer shock of an International doom metal coming to this state. I just feel morally obligated to support it, so maybe, just maybe, others will follow.

Anyway, back to Thorr-Axe. Like I said, not much American doom metal bands aside from the ones that actually reside in California (such as Sleep and Beastmaker) play California. I guess because so many of them are based back east, because of the whole Maryland scene from back in the day? And I guess they can't afford to travel that far? Ok, fine. But when a tour is billed as a "Western U.S. Tour" which goes to the west coast, but completely excludes one of the three westcoast states, which is also the most populace state in the country, with god knows how many venues/bars they could choose from in a variety of cities (SF bay area, Sac, LA, San Diego)??? And on top of that, this "Western U.S. Tour" that excludes a humungous part of the Western U.S. includes states that far removed from the west coast, like Illinois, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Michigan? In what goddamn world are these western states, and California isn't?

:grumble:

MutantClannfear
Blank Czech

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:50 pm 

The Michigan and Illinois dates are just festivals they happen to be playing concurrently with the tour duration, which is why they were lumped in.

I understand your frustration, but perhaps also consider how good you have it for metal in California on the whole? The last time a metal band came to my college town, period, was Inter Arma back in April 2016. Hell, Thorr-Axe are from this same city and they haven't played live here as long as I've been here.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:00 pm 

We ain't called the Mid WEST for nuthin

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:01 pm 

I'm trying to make sense of this tour schedule.

The band is in Bloomington, Indiana. The tour is built around this stoner fest on 4/20 in Kalispell, Montana. They appear to be making the best of playing a festival that is a ~30 hour drive and nearly 2000 miles away and not really near anything. They would need at least another week if they wanted to go to California, and likely another to make the trek back through AZ/NM/TX and either Nashville or KC on the return.

They start on Monday the 16th, driving 6+ hours to Madison, followed by ~7 hours to Sioux Falls on Tuesday. They take the next two days to drive 18 hours to Kalispell, Montana. They drive 10 hours the next day to get to Olympia, then their only reasonable trek which is 2 hours to Portland. The next couple days, they drive 7 hours to Boise, 5 hours to SLC, 8 more to Denver to play a show on a Thursday, and then they begin a 16 hour trek back to Indiana.

It's mind-blowing to me, as a New Englander, because all but one of those treks could land me in another country.

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 10:49 pm 

As someone who grew up rural, I'm grateful for bands who actually do go out of the way to play in smaller towns. The fans and potential fans out there really appreciate it.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

~Guest 21181
The Great Fearmonger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:25 pm 

I remember when Korpiklaani did a tour of the US about 10 years ago and looking at the schedule thinking "why the hell would you fly across the Atlantic and then play shows in Iowa, their name means forest clan not corn clan." :D

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:53 am 

Derigin wrote:
As someone who grew up rural, I'm grateful for bands who actually do go out of the way to play in smaller towns. The fans and potential fans out there really appreciate it.

I thought it was really cool when Crowbar and Goatwhore went through Morgantown, WV. It was in the smallest venue I've ever been in and it was a blast.

Resident_Hazard
Possessed by Starscream's Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:59 am 

Derigin wrote:

Careful there, Iowa just edged out Minnesota as the "best state in the country" somehow. Yes. Iowa.

This news was doubly shocking in Minnesota, where it was met with passive aggressive confusion.

I know this is probably a surprise, but not a single Southern state was considered in the top ten.

Zelkiiro
Pounding the world with a fish of steel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:25 pm 

Utah is the only red state anywhere near the top, and it's REALLY high on the list.

I blame the Mormons.

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:03 pm 

Zelkiiro wrote:
Utah is the only red state anywhere near the top, and it's REALLY high on the list.

I blame the Mormons.

Nothing says "Republican legislation doesn't work" quite like a list like this.

~Guest 282118
Argentinian Asado Supremacy

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:38 pm 

So, today I had a date with this girl I met on Tinder. She was cute, nerdy, and seemingly super smart; a total winning combination for me. We went to get breakfast downtown, and then maybe walk around a bit, given the nice weather. And while we were sitting down at the table, waiting for our orders, the topic of yesterday's Women's Protest came up; this big movilization that took place all over the country due to Women's Day. Our conversation went something like this:

Xlxlx: "So, did you go to the Women's Protest yesterday?"

Date: "Fuck no, why would I?"

Xlxlx: "Sounds like you're not a fan."

Date: "No, I'm not. All of these girls asking to make baby killing legal are awful. I don't want anything to do with them."

Xlxlx: "...you mean abortion."

Date: "I mean baby killing."

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's basically what the rest of our date went like. Turns out this girl believes that modern feminism is almost entirely centered around abortion and that girls who abort are murderers who should be locked up. Needless to say, most of her political beliefs are just as wretched, such as comparing Bolivian immigrants to rats and saying that poor people "like to be poor". I had to make a rather substantial effort to not get super obnoxious trying to mock her or to just outright call her an idiot, because holy shit, never in my life has my interest in someone been killed so quickly.

I ended up excusing myself early from the date, pulling a phony "we'll keep in touch" at the end.

No, we won't.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:41 pm 

Lame. Hey, at least you got a date with a real person! How old is your Tinder account? All I ever got was messages/responses from bots and someone told me it had something to do with the age of my profile (older) - it gets buried by the algorithm somehow.
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:43 pm 

I've been using it consistently for around a year, but every couple months I delete my account and make a new one to refresh it. Honestly, getting a date isn't the problem; I meet a couple new people every month, usually. The problem is finding someone that isn't a complete bore to talk to, either on the phone or worse, in person, haha.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:55 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:

I ended up excusing myself early from the date, pulling a phony "we'll keep in touch" at the end.

No, we won't.

Why didn't you tell her that you thought you two shouldn't have seen each other after that?

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:31 pm 

I really doubt she'll bother contacting me again. Even if I wasn't loud or aggressive about it, I made it very clear through my reactions and my comments that I thought she was full of shit. The mutual dislike was pretty clear by the end of the date.

Besides, I'm not really sure how I could say something akin to "I find every single one of your beliefs repellent and I don't want to see you ever again" without pissing off the other person :lol:

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:42 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:

Xlxlx: "...you mean abortion."

Date: "I mean baby killing."

For me this wouldn't even be a bad turn of events. I love having conversations about this kind of stuff. Her position is actually defensible. You know, depending on what a individual considers to be a baby or a human being and how much moral consideration you should give it. Not saying that I agree with her on abortion. I'm personally not 100% sure on where I stand.

But then I read further into your post and realized what a horrible human being she is. :ugh:

Abominatrix
Harbinger of Metal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:49 pm 

Always kind of awkward when you start hopeful and then end up wanting to get out of someone's presence as quickly as possible. :lol:

And yeah, speaking from experience, there's probably nothing quite like a racist rant from your date to really kill the mood.
Hush and hark, without murmur or sigh,
To shoon that tread the lost aeons:
To the sound that bids you to die.

~Guest 132892
Wastelander

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:53 pm 

I remember going to Austin with my ex and meeting her cousin and his girlfriend. The first words the dudes girlfriend said was "I'm a fascist and I'm Mexican isn't that weird lol." I had no comments and didn't speak to her the rest of the night, it was really awkward.

colin040
Metal freak

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:56 pm 

Awkward conversations are the best. And the worst.

Me: ''So, what do you do in your free time actually?''

Girl: ''Oh, nothing really. Just sleep once I get out of internship. You, then?''

Me: ''I play guitar, read, take singing lessons and I like to exercise, too.''

Girl: ''Don't you do anything else?''

Me: ''What? No...''

Girl: ''Me neither!''

:durr:

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:42 pm 

She got ya there!

MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:34 pm 

I'm in Seattle for NW Metalfest, and I almost forgot how insane the hills are in this city. Coming from Alberta, it's most certainly a change. At least the beer is cheap, though!

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:32 pm 

Speaking of dates, I went on one with the girl I met on r/personals a couple last Sunday. We met up at a nice restaurant and immediately hit it off, then took an Uber ride to the mall and walked around for awhile. We finished the evening with cuddles. She's cute as fuck, a total sweetheart, and we both have similar interests. We're hanging out again tomorrow, looking forward to it.

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:34 am 

Blorp. Spring time is early here in MA land it seems.

~Guest 282118

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 2:49 pm 

Abominatrix wrote:
Always kind of awkward when you start hopeful and then end up wanting to get out of someone's presence as quickly as possible. :lol:

And yeah, speaking from experience, there's probably nothing quite like a racist rant from your date to really kill the mood.

You know it, man. I take it your case went more or less the same?
iAm wrote:
I remember going to Austin with my ex and meeting her cousin and his girlfriend. The first words the dudes girlfriend said was "I'm a fascist and I'm Mexican isn't that weird lol." I had no comments and didn't speak to her the rest of the night, it was really awkward.

What's worse than a fascist? A "lol I'm zo randum" fascist.

Last edited by ~Guest 282118 on Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:46 pm 

MammothRider wrote:
I'm in Seattle for NW Metalfest, and I almost forgot how insane the hills are in this city. Coming from Alberta, it's most certainly a change. At least the beer is cheap, though!

:scratch: I was under the impression that there are some quite large mountains in Alberta?
Then again, I'm from Ottawa, and about an hour to the south there is a town called Mountain, despite the conspicuous absence of anything in the area that could be called a mountain. So my people are admittedly not experts on those things :p
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

The_Apex_of_Collapse
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:16 pm 

Depends where you are in Alberta, a large part of the province is pretty flat.

MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:02 am 

severzhavnost wrote:
MammothRider wrote:

:scratch: I was under the impression that there are some quite large mountains in Alberta?
Then again, I'm from Ottawa, and about an hour to the south there is a town called Mountain, despite the conspicuous absence of anything in the area that could be called a mountain. So my people are admittedly not experts on those things :p

Yea, there are mountains, but I'm nowhere near them. I'm very much situated in the prairies, not much in the way of massive hills here, haha.

caspian

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:00 am 

Always thought the prairies would be the most depressing place to live. We've got something similar over here, "the wheatbelt" and while it's often fairly tranquil living there would be a brutally boring existence. And the wheatbelt doesn't have super cold winters that last for 6 or so months...

Resident_Hazard

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:51 am 

Xlxlx wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaand that's basically what the rest of our date went like. Turns out this girl believes that modern feminism is almost entirely centered around abortion and that girls who abort are murderers who should be locked up. Needless to say, most of her political beliefs are just as wretched, such as comparing Bolivian immigrants to rats and saying that poor people "like to be poor". I had to make a rather substantial effort to not get super obnoxious trying to mock her or to just outright call her an idiot, because holy shit, never in my life has my interest in someone been killed so quickly.

She sounds just super.

How did Fox News reach her?

gomorro
Too Slow to Owl

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:32 pm 

Xlxlx wrote:
Aaaaaaaaaaand that's basically what the rest of our date went like. Turns out this girl believes that modern feminism is almost entirely centered around abortion and that girls who abort are murderers who should be locked up. Needless to say, most of her political beliefs are just as wretched...

This is why the deep talk comes after you got the chunchuli.
But basically south american women can be really sttuborn. If you add that to the whole political/social situation and general misinformation, it becames a nightmare.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 148, 149, 150, 151, 152, 153, 154 ... 332  Next