PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 2:11 pm 

MikeyC wrote:
Memoriam - The Silent Vigil

New song.

I Am the Law
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:33 pm 

cultofkraken wrote:
Anyone check out the Necrophobic track released entitled “Mark of the Necrogram”? Sounds like the sequel to The Third Antichrist which is very welcome to me. Vocals slay and I feel like this album is a return to form for me. Can’t wait to see them in a couple weeks!

They just posted another new song on Youtube called "Tsar Bomba". It's more midpaced than what Necrophobic normally does. It's pretty damn good to me and the new album is shaping up to be really good.

Church13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:07 pm 

hallowed78 wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

New song.

Social justice causes wow how original. Trump has been president barely a year and I already never want to hear another political song again

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:08 pm 

Racism and discrimination have been around longer than Trump has been president, it's a pretty timeless topic. Is there even any Trump related imagery or lyrics in that video? Not to mention the band is from the UK. I looked at the comments and it's mostly pepes complaining about anti-racism in the lyrics. A few years ago all the comments would have been about how the music is bland. I guess anti-racism is a controversial stance for a metal bands to take on Planet Trump, now?

MikeyC
Official Greeter of Broken Hills

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:15 am 

hallowed78 wrote:
MikeyC wrote:

New song.

Finally got around to hearing this and it's exactly what I would expect from Memoriam. I quite like it. I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album. :)

ZarathustraHead wrote:
You can find me listening to the good, real shit. The real good shit. I'll be here.

fulcizombie
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:03 am 

Judas Priest-firepower

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:06 am 

Tyrant of Too Late to Pray fame is putting out their first album since 1996 this year on SKR.

Facebook post

Germany were coming! With a new singer , new record label SKR. (RED distribution world wide) new album and of course new material. We've been working really hard to put together new material that will stand up to or surpass our three previous albums. In our opinion. It's the heaviest album by far. " Hereafter "...2018.

EDIT: Oh fuck, looks like the new singer is Robert Lowe of Solitude Aeturnus and Candlemass. Color me intrigued.

mcbiggah99
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:11 pm 

After listening to their latest song, Mater Dolorosa, I can confirm that I am looking forward to Augury's new album, Illusive Golden Age. Other than that, I've compiled somewhat of a list:
New Augury - Spring 2018:
So yeah, I listened to Mater Dolorosa and my face blew off. I need more of Dominic "Forest" Lapointe's bass.

New Inferi - "Early 2018"
Been big on Inferi since The Path of Apotheosis, let's see if they can top that masterwork.

New Alkaloid - Sent in to label, should be very soon (Early 2018)
I don't know why people seemed to dislike their previous album so much. The Malkuth Grimoire is one of my recent favourites, and I spin it daily on my commute to uni. I am looking forward to another 75-minute album. (Perhaps)

New Sigh - Recording almost done, a few seasons down the line maybe?
Sigh is interesting, I'd love to see where Mirai Kawashima's insane mind takes us next. Their new guitarist who also did the 'Graveward' recordings is someone I'm looking forward to hearing more from, too.

Other than that, I believe that new Obscura, Irreversible Mechanism and Beyond Creation albums are coming up. I wonder if Obscura will still be interesting (to the same extent) now that Tom Geldschläger's leads are out of the picture (not to discredit Rafael, Tom is just so unique), same with Beyond Creation without Forest on the bass. Irreversible Mechanism is just awesome space shred, and I love space shred.

cultofkraken
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:02 pm 

I Am the Law wrote:
cultofkraken wrote:
Anyone check out the Necrophobic track released entitled “Mark of the Necrogram”? Sounds like the sequel to The Third Antichrist which is very welcome to me. Vocals slay and I feel like this album is a return to form for me. Can’t wait to see them in a couple weeks!

They just posted another new song on Youtube called "Tsar Bomba". It's more midpaced than what Necrophobic normally does. It's pretty damn good to me and the new album is shaping up to be really good.

If you’re interested I just posted my video of their first ever performance of this song live. Seeing Necrophobic play was one of the highlights of my life.

Dooders
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:06 pm 

Sojourner released the first track from their upcoming album The Shadowed Road. Track is promising and should make for another solid album of atmospheric folky black metal.

https://sojournermetal.bandcamp.com/alb ... dowed-road

t1337Dude
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:36 pm 

7 H Target has been recording their new album. I'm assuming that means we'll get a new 7 H Target this year. The drummer has been replaced unfortunately but the 2017 Promo was still very enjoyable and I'm really looking forward to it. Whatever they lost in terms of their unique groovy-yet-robotic style, seems like they made up for with sheer blasting and heaviness.

Xymosys
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:01 am 

Crematory has a new album on it's way

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/C ... ion/694123

Last one was suprisingly good, hopefully this one will be better.

jjohn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:13 am 

For those interested:
Bruce Lamont has a new solo out next month called Broken Limbs Excite No Pity

Here's a teaser.

I know many won't agree, but for me Lamont is pure metal in attitude and I'm looking forward to this. His first solo was great.

This one is bound to be great as well.

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:48 pm 

New Rivers of Nihil track released:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx-r8M6hMbk
quite liked that, really looking forward to the album
And new Augury track, damn!!!

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:15 pm 

The new Pharaoh album is easily my most anticipated of the year at this point, and they haven't disappointed me yet! I have high hopes for the new Riot and (perhaps) Falconer albums as well, since both of them released very good albums the last time around.

Pitiless Wanderer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:47 pm 

Dooders wrote:
Sojourner released the first track from their upcoming album The Shadowed Road. Track is promising and should make for another solid album of atmospheric folky black metal.

https://sojournermetal.bandcamp.com/alb ... dowed-road

This is awesome...their last record was great.

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:21 pm 

Someone already mentioned Erdve earlier. Debut album comes out tomorrow on Season of Mist (technically, band self-released it in 2017 but still). Three songs are up currently on Bandcamp. These guys are good. A whirlwind of sludge/doom aesthetics sprinkled with some black metal for good measure and a hint of hardcore. Nice crunchy guitar sound. I'm liking it so far.

https://erdvesom.bandcamp.com/album/vaitojimas

ModusOperandi
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:52 pm 

After four years, their longest between albums, we’ll finally have some new Cardiac Arrest with “A Parallel Dimension of Despair” on April 23rd through Memento Mori. This is the eighth song, “It Takes Form.”

Their previous album “And Death Shall Set You Free” was a nice step up from “Vortex of Violence” and one of their best, although they’re certainly one of those bands with no real slip ups to this point, anyway. Memento Mori coming on strong this year with this, the aforementioned Ectoplasma, and “Sewer Fiends” by Rotheads.

AT FIRST, I'M NOT AN IDIOT, MORE RESPECT.

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:30 pm 

Vahrzaw's final album sounds super promising so far. Crisply-produced black/death from Oz:

https://bloodharvestrecords.bandcamp.com/album/husk

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:48 pm 

New Ataraxy streaming in full!!! :np:

https://www.decibelmagazine.com/2018/02 ... ope-fades/

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:42 pm 

androdion wrote:
New Ataraxy

I think there were better songs on the last one, the lazy drum programming took away all enjoyment for me though.
The drumming isn't all that hot here either. I think I have found their weak spot.

~Guest 82538
Metal freak

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:56 pm 

Opus wrote:
androdion wrote:
New Ataraxy

I think there were better songs on the last one, the lazy drum programming took away all enjoyment for me though.
The drumming isn't all that hot here either. I think I have found their weak spot.

What do you mean about drum programming? :scratch: For me it's all about the spacey Depravity-style leads, although I'd prefer the side B to be more like side A. Got to give it more spins for sure.

Church13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:41 am 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Racism and discrimination have been around longer than Trump has been president, it's a pretty timeless topic. Is there even any Trump related imagery or lyrics in that video? Not to mention the band is from the UK. I looked at the comments and it's mostly pepes complaining about anti-racism in the lyrics. A few years ago all the comments would have been about how the music is bland. I guess anti-racism is a controversial stance for a metal bands to take on Planet Trump, now?

Anti-racism is such a fresh and inspired topic in 2018 sure. There is certainly no way that Trump being President inspired them to jump on the SJW bus. Bolt Thrower and Memoriam should be about current events as much as Cannibal Corpse should be

grindcrushed
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 6:40 am 

Church13 wrote:
Anti-racism is such a fresh and inspired topic in 2018 sure. There is certainly no way that Trump being President inspired them to jump on the SJW bus. Bolt Thrower and Memoriam should be about current events as much as Cannibal Corpse should be

From the official NB press release:
MEMORIAM stated about the track: "'Bleed The Same' is a response to the fear and hatred that exists in the world that we live in today. The lyrics are predominately about freedom, equality and justice. This is a theme that is explored throughout the new album, 'The Silent Vigil'. The lyrical content of the song is a comment on the the rise of nationalistic xenophobic ideologies that proliferate on a global scale right now. The song was ironically inspired by a speech given by Donald Trump in his inauguration ceremony in 2017."

I think i'll stick to my BT albums...

Peyp
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 2:43 pm 

Finnish melodeath legends Kalmah are releasing their first album in 5 years, entitled Palo.

http://www.kalmah.com
Due to the unfortunate reality of our guitarist fucking my girlfriend of almost 7 years WITCHROT will be taking an extended hiatus. I however will continue the band in another space and time... Thanks for the support, stay heavy. Also our drummer died...

RIP DIAMHEA

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:22 pm 

Church13 wrote:
John_Sunlight wrote:

Why shouldn't an artist be able to say something they feel is important?

And furthermore, what bands CAN be about current events then?

I mean I get it if the lyrics are just poorly written and/or overly preachy, but nothing wrong with writing about this stuff in principle.

kytokinesis
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:00 pm 

Memoriam's For the Fallen was on my top 10 list but I'm not sure the music is holding up on this new track. That album art is still great though.

Church13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 11:56 pm 

Empyreal wrote:
Church13 wrote:

Why shouldn't an artist be able to say something they feel is important?

And furthermore, what bands CAN be about current events then?

I mean I get it if the lyrics are just poorly written and/or overly preachy, but nothing wrong with writing about this stuff in principle.

They’re allowed to write about anything, I just won’t buy it or listen to it. It’s just that it IS preachy in this case and out of character for them. Misery Index approach politics well, they’re clearly left wing politics but it is well thought out and both sides can get behind it.

I also work at a major university so you can imagine how absolutely sick I am Of faux activism and “anti-racism”. We all hate racism

narsilianshard
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:26 pm 

Hot damn. Skeletonwitch singer and Gatecreeper drummer are putting out this insanely heavy EP later this week. Sounds incredible so far, didn't realize he had those lows.

https://sentientruin.bandcamp.com/album ... ng-unknown

e_ddi_e
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:34 am 

What happened to a new Coroner album?

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:20 am 

Church13 wrote:

Is it only post-Trump anti-racism lyrics you dislike, or is the cut off point further back? How do you feel about "Black Hand Inn"? It came out in 1994 and a lot of the lyrics are about opposing hate and prejudice; check out the lyrics for "Mr. Deadhead", "Soulless", and "Fight the Fire of Hate". Kreator has the song "People of the Lie" from 1990's "Coma of Souls" which criticizes racism. Anthrax's "Among the Living" from 1987 has the song "Indians" which is about how racism is wrong because America is a multicultural melting-pot. These are just a few well known examples, such lyrics go back further in Metal history of course.

hallowed78
Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:27 pm 

New Varathron. End of April. New song on Bandcamp. Sounds good.

https://agoniarecords.bandcamp.com/albu ... hs-of-evil

PvtNinjer
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:15 pm 

Metal fans are notoriously touchy about political lyrics, unless they are talking about how they listen to an NSBM band because the music is good. :lol:

Honestly, political lyrics in metal are usually cringey because a lot of metal bands suck ass at writing and arranging lyrics

Church13
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:46 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
Is it only post-Trump anti-racism lyrics you dislike, or is the cut off point further back? How do you feel about "Black Hand Inn"? It came out in 1994 and a lot of the lyrics are about opposing hate and prejudice; check out the lyrics for "Mr. Deadhead", "Soulless", and "Fight the Fire of Hate". Kreator has the song "People of the Lie" from 1990's "Coma of Souls" which criticizes racism. Anthrax's "Among the Living" from 1987 has the song "Indians" which is about how racism is wrong because America is a multicultural melting-pot. These are just a few well known examples, such lyrics go back further in Metal history of course.

I don't like bandwagon SJW lyrics, see the new Machine Head. Memoriam, which has been heavily marketed as the closest thing we'll ever get to more Bolt Thrower, doing anti-racism lyrics inspired by Trump is just cringe. Back when we were all growing up we would have called that new song gay, but now we'll just say it sucks and Karl sounds like shit. He sounded bad on their debut, but he easily sounds like he aged 15 years since then. As I said before, they can do whatever they please but this sounds like steaming horse shit to me so I will not be purchasing it, even though I did buy For the Fallen.

Empyreal
The Final Frontier

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:53 pm 

PvtNinjer wrote:
Metal fans are notoriously touchy about political lyrics, unless they are talking about how they listen to an NSBM band because the music is good. :lol:

Honestly, political lyrics in metal are usually cringey because a lot of metal bands suck ass at writing and arranging lyrics

Haha, most true thing in this whole discussion so far.

I don't have a problem with anti-Trump shit just because it is so current and encompasses so many issues. I can see it becoming dated in the future though so eh.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:11 am 

Church13 wrote:

They're a very lucky band, to have someone like you to tell them what they should and shouldn't be about.

Bandwagon SJW. :lol: :lol: :lol: :ah-ha:

Rompestromper
Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:01 am 

New inferi album teaser!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AeyWw8M5wg

jjohn
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:30 pm 

New Thy Catafalque announced earlier.

Geometria out 04/05/2018

Mastermind Tamás Kátai comments: "THY CATAFALQUE started its course 20 years ago. This is the eighth album and the fourth on Season of Mist. Bands rarely create their magnum opus after so many years and I do not claim that either. 'Geometria' however is playful, adventurous, dreamy, and free – probably the closest to 'Róka Hasa Rádió' in this sense. Less metal, more violins, electronica, occasional saxophone, trumpet, and fretless bass that are completed with the vocals of Martina Veronika Horváth (NULAH, NIBURTA) and Gyula Vasvári (PERIHELION) besides myself. I enjoyed the recordings immensely: full of excitement and pure adventure. This song, 'Szamojéd Freskó', which translates as 'Samoyedic Fresco' sits more on the obscure side of the spectrum. It's basically a mythical narrative of physical decomposition."

With a sample song here:

Classic Thy Catafalque. HIghlty Anticipated...

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:29 pm 

The description sounds good. I thought "Meta" was a bit too flat; it didn't have the dynamic songwriting and sonic excitement of "Sgurr" which was much brighter in tone and more eclectic. TC has always succeeded when trying the "everything and the kitchen sink too" approach, as much as any other band which has remained genuinely metal while doing so. I do appreciate that they change things up with each album, however. The result has been this band has succeeded in making as many kinds of good metal as five other "average" good bands.

Listening to the song: toot toot all aboard the hype train!

ObservationSlave
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:17 am 

Rompestromper wrote:

Oh man, I completely forgot about this band. I will definitely be on the look out for this.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 14  Next