Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:02 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Frog, you still look like a hipster or what?

if anything. more powerful.

Spoiler: show
║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:51 pm 

Possible name for a rock band: Humbucker Helper.

hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 3:49 pm 

Ah yes, a homage to the famous Professor J. H. P. Humbucker, who invented dual-coil pickups.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:30 pm 

Ilwhyan wrote:
Ah yes, a homage to the famous Professor J. H. P. Humbucker, who invented dual-coil pickups.

YOU FORGOT HAMBURGER HELPER.

Erosion of Humanity
Destroyer of the Gods

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:33 pm 

Nahh, good band name here; Kinetic Dicks.

Azmodes wrote:
It combines two of my favourite things: penis innuendo and derigin.

Subrick
Metal Strongman

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 10:56 pm 

Going to go see Brit Floyd tomorrow. Super, super excited. Been wanting to see this show live for years now, and now I'm gonna get to.

Blacksoul Seraphim Gothic Doom Metal
Autumn's Ashes Melodic Death/Doom Metal

Opus
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:43 pm 

Just gave Joey Tempest a ride home in my taxi. We talked about the good old days. Luckily we never touched on the subject of their newer albums.

OpsiusCato
Mexican Metal Inquisition

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 6:39 pm 

You should have told him to release a full-on Heavy Metal album with Europe once and for fucking all.
Opsius is Metal as fuck.

DoomMetalAlchemist
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:06 pm 

The Final Countdown is a great song. A long time ago, I sampled some other songs from the same album on amazon, and I thought they were crap, and even further removed from metal than the title track.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:04 am 

Well, I almost drowned tonight. Really not sure how I pulled out of that one, actually.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:00 am 

how u drown?

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:25 pm 

Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how people don't know how to swim. Like, if you stay still, you drown, that's why you kick your limbs in the water to stay afloat, get horizontal* and kick your legs to move.

Last edited by ~Guest 98976 on Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smoking_Gnu
Chicago Favorite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:28 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how people don't know how to swim. Like, if you stay still, you drown, that's why you kick your limbs in the water to stay afloat, get vertical and kick your legs to move.

Can't speak for the OP, but generally if you're panicking and flailing you're going to waste energy a lot faster than if you were using good technique to keep yourself afloat, and thus get tired and drown faster. Sort of like having bad form in any sort of physical activity will just exhaust you faster.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:35 pm 

Well yeah, ideally you should get horizontal and spread your limbs out to float to not tire.

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:27 pm 

FasterDisaster wrote:
Maybe I'm missing something, but I don't understand how people don't know how to swim

Here in Toblerone country, each summer some young immigrants drown 'cause they see locals jumping into rivers and lakes, decide to follow suit and then realize they never learnt how to swim. So while such occurrences might sound incredible, they do happen indeed.

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:10 pm 

PhilosophicalFrog wrote:
how u drown?

Through my own drunken idiocy. A buddy and I decided it would be a good idea to fuck around in the sewer / drainage ditch thing. Long story short, I ended up on one of these, mostly in the water. http://www.fao.org/docrep/006/t0099e/im ... 099E80.jpg Because it was slanted, wet and had nothing to grab onto, I couldn't scramble up. Because I was a weak swimmer wearing boots and a heavy waterlogged coat, if I got pulled out I would drown. I honestly don't know how, but I clung to that thing until my friend found me and pulled me up.

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:20 pm 

I almost drowned as a kid. I was like seven at the time. I took swimming lessons for awhile, and during one particular lesson, my instructor left me to take a phone call in her office. She told me to practice my doggy-paddle technique until she came back, though obviously she meant for me to hold on to the railing with one hand while doing so. I was young and naive, so I just started paddling out to the deep end of the pool. Next thing I remember is sinking down to the bottom of the pool thinking I was dying. My mom had to jump in and pull me out. It was quite scary since I was drowning for at least 20 seconds before I got rescued.

I never attempted to swim after that.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:51 pm 

fuck. that shit's scary!! thank god your survival instincts kicked in, and you were, what seems to be, buzzed enough to remain calm and still. fuck that.

also, fuck that pool story too lol.

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

Trashy_Rambo
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:58 pm 

It was about 30F outside, so hitting the water felt like it sobered me up real quick.

PhilosophicalFrog
The Hypercube

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:36 pm 

happy to hear you made it my dude. that woulda been a shit way to go. and you probably would've made the Darwin Awards

║\
║▒\
║▒▒\
║░▒║
║░▒║with this blade
║░▒║i cut those who
║░▒║disrespect
║░▒║Carly Rae Jepsen
║░▒║
║░▒║
║░▒║
▓▓▓▓
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]
[█▓]

henkkjelle
Metal freak

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:02 pm 

As someone who almost went that way I can tell you, it is a shit way to go. Almost drowned in a wave pool as a 12 year old kid after inhaling a mouthful of rogue wave. Luckily a guy noticed my panicked death throes and saved me. The feeling of gulping down mouthfuls of warm water isn't a nice feeling.

severzhavnost
Something Stupid

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:17 pm 

Dang, there's a lot of almost-drowned folks in here. Happened to me too when I was about 12 at the Mont Cascades water park. I fell out of the raft and some tag on my swimming shorts caught on one of the raft's handholds in such a way that I was unable to climb back in. So I was dragged the whole length of the ride underneath the raft, face down in the water coursing through the pitch-dark tube.
It’s so powerful that your stomachs will damn.
Bulgogi Kimchi Bibimbap waffle burger! Holy shit! litterally shit!

demonomania
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:43 pm 

Oddly, I feel like I rescued people from drowning twice in my life. Both times on the same beach. On the first occasion, my buddy and I were sitting in the sun, completely intoxicated, and noticed that an old couple was waving their arms in a distressed fashion. There was a strong riptide that day, so I immediately thought they were in trouble. However, their family thought they were just waving in a friendly fashion, and kept waving back. My buddy and I looked at one another, then ran, "Baywatch" style, down to the ocean and pulled the old folks out. Given how drunk we were, it was quite the feat.

The second time was years later, and I was with my family. My son was sitting in an inflatable tube, and my wife was hanging on the edge of the same tube. That same damn riptide was at work, and they got caught in it and were quickly swept out a pretty good distance from shore. I jumped in and swam out there (which was easy with the riptide's help), grabbed the edge of the tube and pulled them both back in (which was hard, because I was working against the riptide).

Ok, so maybe neither incident would have necessarily resulted in a drowning, but I felt pretty boss for my efforts nonetheless.

"Everyone welcome back the Hoffman brothers, a new beginning for great guitarists and people."

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:10 pm 

There are actually some toothless inbred scum motherfuckers our there actually using the "Mary (Jesus' mother) was teenager." excuse to justify Roy Moore's actions!
Quote:
While some Republicans at the national level spoke out against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore on Thursday in the wake of allegations that he initiated sexual contact with a 14-year-old when he was in his 30s, Republicans from his own state seemed to have a different view — with one citing Jesus’ parents to defend Moore’s alleged behavior.
“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama state auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp

Like your reviews?

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:21 pm 

Jesus Christ Mother Fucker!

mjollnir
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 8:29 pm 

Zodijackyl wrote:
Jesus Christ Mother Fucker!

:lol: Yeah....I was a tad annoyed when I posted that article.

Like your reviews?

DecemberSoul
Mirties Metafora

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:42 am 

mjollnir wrote:
There are actually some toothless inbred scum motherfuckers our there actually using the "Mary (Jesus' mother) was teenager." excuse to justify Roy Moore's actions!
Quote:
While some Republicans at the national level spoke out against Alabama Senate candidate Roy Moore on Thursday in the wake of allegations that he initiated sexual contact with a 14-year-old when he was in his 30s, Republicans from his own state seemed to have a different view — with one citing Jesus’ parents to defend Moore’s alleged behavior.
“Take Joseph and Mary. Mary was a teenager and Joseph was an adult carpenter. They became parents of Jesus,” Alabama state auditor Jim Ziegler told the Washington Examiner on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... spartanntp

Retardation through the roofs! I don't think I've ever heard of a more pathetic attempt to justify a sick deed. Must leave this planet soon for the sake of my health.

~Guest 98976
Metal Pounder

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:34 am 

Just a friendly reminder that we have a political thread where this exact issue was discussed.

Last edited by ~Guest 98976 on Fri Nov 10, 2017 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
hakarl
Metel fraek

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:29 am 

Let me hear both sides, let me hear both sides...

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 pm 

First snowfall of the season where I live. I shall continue growing my beard to protect my face from the cold when I go outside to smoke.

Diamhea
Eats and Spits Corpses

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:12 pm 

Party's over:

Quote:
can you tell mr. diamhea to use a proper language and treat people in an educated way? It is not the first time that he's treating me and sending messages full of inheducation, arrogance and he's treating people like slaves. I should remind him that this website is great thanks to submitters and we are not his minions
Leave a steaming, stinking Rotting Repulsive Rotting Corpse = LIVE YOUNG - DIE FREE and move on to the NEXT form of yourself....or just be a fat Wal-Mart Mcdonalds pc of shit what do I give a fuck what you do.

Last.fm

~Guest 285196
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:58 pm 

Afraid to shoot strangers!!!

EDIT: I need someone to tell me how great 'Car Radio' is, by Twenty One Pilots.

Zodijackyl
63 Axe Handles High

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:07 am 

Not as great as "Mexican Radio"

MammothRider
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:35 am 

It's the 100th anniversary of the end of the Battle of Passchendaele today. Over 5000 Canadians perished, and more than 10 000 were wounded. Total casualties are estimated at over 500 000. One of the bloodiest, and most brutal, battles of the Great War. I guess it shows that war was not ended on November 11, 1918. I'd like to encourage everyone to pay their respects to those who fought, and lost their lives, for what we have today.

Morrigan
Crone of War

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 5:10 am 

Diamhea wrote:
Party's over:

Quote:
can you tell mr. diamhea to use a proper language and treat people in an educated way? It is not the first time that he's treating me and sending messages full of inheducation, arrogance and he's treating people like slaves. I should remind him that this website is great thanks to submitters and we are not his minions

Well, you know what to do. Stop sending messages full of inheducation already, gosh!

Markeri, in 2013 wrote:
a fairly agreed upon date [of the beginning of metal] is 1969. Metal is almost 25 years old

OlioTheSmall
Handsome (marsupial) Beast

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:01 am 

Pretty sure I just lost a stupid, drunken bet. I might be Mr Slowpoke here, but is this a dog on vocals?

https://www.facebook.com/TheBubbasOffic ... 996321775/

I initially said that it was a human, dismissively, considering other attempts at getting animals on vocals, that I'd heard, failed. Then, after making the bet and listening again closer, I think it is a dog and I'm looking a bit stupid.

- Tim Minchin

Derigin
The Mountain Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:19 pm 

It really wouldn't be the first time. Take Caninus, for instance.

R.I.P. Diamhea 1987-2018
Live young, die free. Gone, but not forgotten.

DividerOfShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:33 pm 

It's not only dogs who do vocals.

And I'm still hoping for Katy Perry to do another Christian album.

My Last.fm

why
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:59 pm 

I just came here to say:
I enjoy brutal hippie songs immensly.
Like this one:

(Bob dylan's masters of war as well... but it's not as good as this one obviously.)

~Guest 373247
Village Idiot

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:40 pm 

I love Fleetwood Mac and, consequently, The Devil's Blood. There are just so many catchy riffs to choose from.

Reply to topic Go to page Previous  1 ... 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 135 ... 332  Next