Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:21 am 

So Mayhem is touring across Europe with Dragged Into Sunlight and The Ominous Circle, playing the legendary album "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas " in its entirety. I will attend to the concert this Wednesday and I curious to see what you guys think about Mayhem as a live band. I have read some very negative comments alongisde a few positive ones. So, what can I expect? someone has seen them on this tour?

Caspian88
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:10 am 

I have seen Mayhem four times in the last three years - twice performing DMDS.

I think Mayhem performs better when playing DMDS than when playing a mixed setlist - the material is stronger and more cohesive, and the atmosphere is better. Atilla also seems less "sloppy," for lack of a better word. I'd personally recommend them.

Do not expect any songs beyond what was on DMDS - they're not going to play anything else.

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:44 am 

Got my tix. Fucking stoked. Never seen Mayhem, but DMDS is one of my favorite things in life. Immolation and Black Anvil are playing too :hyper:

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:11 am 

Caspian88 wrote:
I have seen Mayhem four times in the last three years - twice performing DMDS.

I think Mayhem performs better when playing DMDS than when playing a mixed setlist - the material is stronger and more cohesive, and the atmosphere is better. Atilla also seems less "sloppy," for lack of a better word. I'd personally recommend them.

Do not expect any songs beyond what was on DMDS - they're not going to play anything else.

Thanks for the info! sadly this means the concert will last only 45-47 minutes, which is way too short but I hope it is worth of it. In fact I only like DMDS and Chimera so I was not precisely stoked to listen to songs from the last albums.

They come with The Ominous Circle(pretty good) and Dragged into Light. Let´s see if it is a good concert!

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:59 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
So Mayhem is touring across Europe with Dragged Into Sunlight and The Ominous Circle, playing the legendary album "De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas " in its entirety. I will attend to the concert this Wednesday and I curious to see what you guys think about Mayhem as a live band. I have read some very negative comments alongisde a few positive ones. So, what can I expect? someone has seen them on this tour?

This:
http://santana27.com/11-eventos/119-mayhem
I have seem them 4-5 times (with 2 DMDS shows) too.
It's Ok, I guess.
P.S: Necrobutcher and his wine bottle. :-P

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:14 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:

This:
http://santana27.com/11-eventos/119-mayhem
I have seem them 4-5 times (with 2 DMDS shows) too.
It's Ok, I guess.
P.S: Necrobutcher and his wine bottle. :-P

Indeed! first band sounds pretty cool, the second is boring though.

Nathrakk
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:55 pm 

I've seen then in Belgium at 6oct. Second time I saw Mayhem and I must say I enjoyed it very much.
Musically it was very good. Vocals were right on the spot and the ambience was perfect.
It was in a small venue so maybe that adds to the atmosphere too.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:36 am 

Nathrakk wrote:

Could be.

How was your show, Paganbasque?

hzeuss
Mallcore Kid

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:45 am 

Saw them yesterday the 2nd time performing DMDS. It was quite a lot better than the first time since this time it was indoors. Also Dragged Into Sunlight was really intense and Barshasketh's bassist looked like he was tripping balls :-P.

BasqueStorm wrote:
Necrobutcher and his wine bottle. :-P

And what's up with Necrobutcher with his wine bottle :-D? He had it yesterday also.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:02 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Nathrakk wrote:

Could be.

How was your show, Paganbasque?

The Ominous Circle were brutal and with a great sound. I bought their cd.

Dragged into Sunlight very different in comparison to the album. Much more intense and with an incredibly loud and distorted sound. Not my cup of tea.

Mayhem. The scenification was great but the sound terrible. It improved through the show but at first it was imposible to distinguish the riffs. Last songs sounded better. But this band SHOULD sound much better. It was difficult to hear Attila´s vocals but I have never liked them.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:46 am 

hzeuss wrote:
BasqueStorm wrote:
Necrobutcher and his wine bottle. :-P

And what's up with Necrobutcher with his wine bottle :-D? He had it yesterday also.

He's a fucking drunkard! :-P

Paganbasque wrote:
The Ominous Circle were brutal and with a great sound. I bought their cd.
Dragged into Sunlight very different in comparison to the album. Much more intense and with an incredibly loud and distorted sound. Not my cup of tea.
Mayhem. The scenification was great but the sound terrible. It improved through the show but at first it was imposible to distinguish the riffs. Last songs sounded better. But this band SHOULD sound much better. It was difficult to hear Attila´s vocals but I have never liked them.

I didn't like the Dragged into Sunlight's show at Mogambo.
From my experience, Mayhem's shows are quite lazy. :grumble:

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:20 am 

Really jealous of you folks that get to see Dragged Into Sunlight on this tour. I'd much rather see them than Black Anvil. The pro-shot videos from this tour make Mayhem sound really good, though, and that's all I can really hope for.

Has anyone here seen Immolation live? How are they?

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:07 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
I didn't like the Dragged into Sunlight's show at Mogambo.
From my experience, Mayhem's shows are quite lazy. :grumble:

I wouldnt call their show lazy(at least in Bilbao). Its simply that I just ask for minium quality sound, nothing crystal clear, just enough to hear the riffs and vocals.

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:11 am 

nekrosonic wrote:
Really jealous of you folks that get to see Dragged Into Sunlight on this tour. I'd much rather see them than Black Anvil. The pro-shot videos from this tour make Mayhem sound really good, though, and that's all I can really hope for.

Has anyone here seen Immolation live? How are they?

I saw them like 4-5 years ago and they were awesome. Didn´t like the last album that much but I guess they are still great on the stage.

~Guest 417309
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:32 pm 

I've actually never heard anything by them except for a few songs off of Dawn of Possession so I'm going in blind pretty much. Sadly I'm even more familiar with Black Anvil than Immolation lol.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:08 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
I wouldnt call their show lazy(at least in Bilbao). Its simply that I just ask for minium quality sound, nothing crystal clear, just enough to hear the riffs and vocals.

Then, avoid LOTS of venues in Spain. :-P

Paganbasque
Metal freak

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:16 am 

BasqueStorm wrote:
Paganbasque wrote:

Then, avoid LOTS of venues in Spain. :-P

I personally miss Durango´s Plateruena. Long time without extreme metal concerts there. It usually has a great sound.

BasqueStorm
The Wettest Blanket

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:10 am 

Paganbasque wrote:
I personally miss Durango´s Plateruena. Long time without extreme metal concerts there. It usually has a great sound.

I miss LOTS. :(

aaronmb666
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:46 pm 

Went a week ago, mainly for Immolation and loved it. Not particularly a fan of Mayhem, but it had a really good atmosphere. I briefly talked to Robert and Ross and they were super cool.

maidenpriestmanic
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:41 pm 

Went to the show on Thursday. Thought Mayhem, Immolation, and Black Anvil all killed it. Was also kinda glad the show was shorter as long concerts can be a little much for me at times.

Reply to topic