* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
BrutalizerUtilizerOfTheShadows
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:44 pm 

http://www.theprp.com/2017/06/09/news/d ... dded-bill/

Lineup:

The Black Dahlia Murder (performing “Nocturnal“)
Dying Fetus
The Faceless
Oceano
Slaughter To Prevail
Origin
Rings Of Saturn
Betraying The Martyrs
Lorna Shore

Dates:

07/27 Reading, PA – Reverb
07/28 Sayreville, NJ – Starland Ballroom
07/29 Worcester, MA – The Palladium
07/30 New York City, NY – Webster Hall
07/31 TBA – TBA
08/02 Knoxville, TN – The International
08/03 Atlanta, GA – The Masquerade
08/05 Austin, TX – Come And Take it Live
08/06 Dallas, TX – Gas Monkey Live!
08/07 Houston, TX – House Of Blues
08/09 Albuquerque, NM – Sunshine Theater
08/10 Phoenix, AZ – The Marquee
08/11 Anaheim, CA – Grove Of Anaheim
08/12 Los Angeles, CA – The Novo
08/13 San Diego, CA – House Of Blues
08/15 San Francisco, CA – The UC Theatre
08/17 Seattle, WA – Studio Seven
08/19 Denver, CO – The Summit Music Hall
08/21 Minneapolis, MN – The Cabooze
08/22 Chicago, IL – Concord Music Hall
08/23 Cincinnati, OH – Bogarts
08/25 Detroit, MI – Majestic Theater

ratedgdr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:27 am 

I had hoped they'd be somewhere in Wisconsin so I could waste a vacation day but they aren't.

Besides, this lineup isn't that good so I'd be going for Origin and Dying Fetus anyway.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:50 am 

Decibel Magazine promised a summer tour with Immolation and Dying Fetus. What the fuck
:nono:

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:30 pm 

Who wants to take bets on how long before The Faceless cancels?

Wilytank
Not a Flying Toy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:27 pm 

I've been to the Summer Slaughter in 2014. The Faceless, Dying Fetus, and Origin where there too. I sat out of The Faceless because I didn't care about them back then either, but Dying Fetus and Origin where cool as well as Goatwhore and Decrepit Birth. Problem is they load out this fest with deathcore bands that I really don't care for (in 2014 it was Within the Ruins and Thy Art is Murder) and that's what keeps me from going back most of the time. The lineup here is arguably even worse.

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:57 pm 

My problem with Summer slaughter is that they always book the same bands over and over again almost each or every other year. TBDM has played way too many times on this tour, along with Dying Fetus (who i love) The Faceles,s and Rings of Saturn have been on this tour consistently. They need to get other bands or explore into Black Metal and Thrash a bit more. Hell even a little Sludge would be good for this tour.

ratedgdr
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:36 pm 

lupin99 wrote:
My problem with Summer slaughter is that they always book the same bands over and over again almost each or every other year. TBDM has played way too many times on this tour, along with Dying Fetus (who i love) The Faceles,s and Rings of Saturn have been on this tour consistently. They need to get other bands or explore into Black Metal and Thrash a bit more. Hell even a little Sludge would be good for this tour.

They (sorta) tried that a few years ago when they had Dillinger Escape Plan, The Ocean, and Animals As Leaders on the bill. Supposedly a lot of people did not like the progressive leaning that tour which is why they stopped doing that. My guess is it turned them off from doing anything similar with thrash or black acts.

It's amazing, though, how many good bands they could have even if they stayed with death metal acts: Carcass, Napalm Death, Gorguts, Pig Destroyer if possible, Cryptopsy, Malignancy, Pathology, and Lamb of God for starters.

lupin99
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:34 pm 

Yeah I remember that, and I thought that was a really decent Summer Slaughter (of course it didn't come to Phoenix that year!)

But i feel that they don't dive into Black, Thrash, Sludge, or even other Death Metal bands, they tend to stick to the same bands each year.

Rykov
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2017 3:31 pm 

Dying Fetus and Origin are tempting, but... Oceano? The Faceless? Rings of Saturn? Hard pass.

mastamonkeynutz wrote:
Also if you want to make a joke please do so but please put lol after so I can know that Fred Durst isn't really dead.

Metalhead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:13 pm 

According to this article, TBDM, Dying Fetus, Oceano, Slaughter to Prevail and Lorna Shore are doing some one-offs from this tour. The only problem is that if this information is true, they have double-booked themselves on August 5th (the article claims they'll be in El Paso that day but the original announcement claimed that would be the Austin date). I'll post again if it gets corrected, more than likely they meant the 4th, since that day is open on the main tour.

Quote:
The Black Dahlia Murder, Dying Fetus, Oceano, Slaughter To Prevail and Lorna Shore will be taking advantage of their off-dates on the upcoming 2017 edition of ‘The Summer Slaughter Tour‘. Together the five acts will play the following shows on their own during that run:

08/04 New Orleans, LA – Southport Hall
08/05 El Paso, TX – Tricky Falls
08/14 Fresno, CA – Strummer’s
08/16 Portland, OR – Bossanova Ballroom
08/18 Jerome, ID – Diamondz Event Center
08/20 Wichita, KS – Crown Uptown

Metalhead

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:55 pm 

Metal Injection posted the exact same one-off dates but they are once again incorrect. I took a look at the website for Tricky Falls (the venue in El Paso), and they have the show on the 8th of August. I also checked the website for Come and Take it Live (the venue in Austin), and the 5th of August will be the date for the full Summer Slaughter show in Austin as originally announced.

I wanted to help clear that up for anyone who was planning on attending either show, because that would have sucked if you took off work / cleared your calendar just to make it to the show and then it turns out these news sites are announcing the wrong dates. It helps to check the actual website of the venue because if information gets posted incorrectly somewhere, it will likely get copied and pasted in several other posts before someone actually catches it.

CoconutBackwards
Bullet Centrist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 2:48 pm 

Just bought a ticket.

I'm excited to see Dying Fetus and Origin. Looks like BDM are headlining and to be honest I'm probably gonna just leave.
"So, you want to sign songs about your great and glorious invisible cloud daddy? Go right ahead. You have whole tax-free buildings to do that in. I am not only not listening, I am intentionally going out of my way to ignore you."

Reply to topic