Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives

Message board

* FAQ    * Register   * Login 

Reply to topic
Author Message Previous topic | Next topic
Krystal Fluff
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 3:10 pm 

I searched the album name "Slime and Punishment" and didn't see any posts so I thought I'd just throw it out there that there is one, on the 23rd. http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Mu ... ent/646327

ChildClownOutlet
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 6:43 pm 

Krystal Fluff wrote:
I searched the album name "Slime and Punishment" and didn't see any posts so I thought I'd just throw it out there that there is one, on the 23rd. http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Mu ... ent/646327

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:07 am 

I had forgotten about these guys. Listened to them a bunch back in I believe 2013 when they toured through my city, but 4 years later, I stopped listening to them a long time ago. Not sure why, but I'm guessing Iron Reagan had something to do with it.

Haunted Shirt
Metal newbie

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 8:00 am 

I hope they have a song about partying.

Indecency
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:14 pm 

Haunted Shirt wrote:
I hope they have a song about partying.

That is about as likely as them having a song about beer.

MrMcThrasher II
Metalhead

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:00 pm 

I actually like that new tune. Feels more inspired than the last two albums put together.

TheDefiniteArticle wrote:
Also hopefully they take it as a sign they're not meant to make more albums.

~Guest 226319
President Satan

PostPosted: Sat May 20, 2017 1:10 pm 

On a funrelated note, how is this band live? They seem like more the band to listen to whilst moshing whilst drunk than to listen to whilst sober at your desk.

TheMysticWombat
Metalhead

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:55 pm 

John_Sunlight wrote:
On a funrelated note, how is this band live? They seem like more the band to listen to whilst moshing whilst drunk than to listen to whilst sober at your desk.

They're like Cannibal Corpse at this point, the crowd is what makes the show. Saw them live a year ago and shit was indeed fun and crazy, multiple people were carried out unconscious, the pit was unreal, and the stage diving and crowd surfing was endless. Luckily I had a great time since I was nowhere near sober.

Seeing them once is enough. I thought they'd be done by now.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 3:48 am 

I think the new song is extremely pedestrian. But I will check the album out.

John_Sunlight wrote:

Yup. Saw them in January and I had a lot of fun - good show, tight performance and a lively crowd (MW toured with Agnostic Front and Suicidal Tendencies, so they were ready to move). I have to say, though, that Iron Reagan were just a tad more fun and a tad more relaxed than MW live, but that could've been the festival setting.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

acid_bukkake
SAD!

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:12 am 

One of the best live shows I've ever seen, even if the last two albums are mediocre-at-best. Any band where the singer has his leg in a cast and he still crowd surfs is putting on a good show.

darkeningday wrote:
I haven't saw any of the Seen movies.

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 11:40 am 

They're definitely a force live. Finally had the chance to see them late last year, and it was one of the better shows I've ever seen. Despite my love of newer thrash, these guys aren't a top tier band for me, but they're incredible live. They're half the reason I'm trekking a couple of hours to Warped Tour this summer (Alestorm being the other half)!

I'm looking forward to this album. The Fatal Feast was pretty good, but they haven't topped The Art of Partying yet. I don't think this one will do that, but if it's on par with the last record, I'll be happy.

Dembo
Dumbo

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 6:20 pm 

Not much going on in the title track:

Spiner202
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:25 am 

Anyone heard this yet? I gave it a listen for the first time last night and enjoyed it. It felt a little catchier than their last couple of records. Nothing as potent as "You're Cut Off", "The Art of Partying", or "Headbanger Face Rip", but most of the songs were memorable the first time around. "Breathe Grease" and "Think Fast" in particular were both really awesome.

TheWaltzer
Metalhead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:36 am 

Yeah, it's alright, but nothing to write home about. It's Waste, nothing changed, really. I liked "Fatal Feast" a bit more than the new one. The best songs to me were "Parole Violators" (minus the stupid sample bit), "Low Tolerance" and "Enjoy The Night".
I gotta say, though, that I prefer the latest Iron Reagan.
"Of Terror and the Supernatural by Temple of Void is miles ahead of It's midnight in Neverland and I can't get my dick out of this unicorn; Volume 8 by Nightwish in both the amount of heaviness and lack of keyboards."

Reply to topic